1/48 KITTYHAWK SU35 FLANKER

Good afternoon everyone,

Latest build off the bench,the Kittyhawk SU35 flanker 'Red 25' in 1/48.I found the kit went together well and was well moulded and detailed although the painting guidance fell short from start to finish.The decals were good and went on easily.

The build is entirely out of the box,it did come with resin 'at rest' exhausts which i didn't use as both the moulding and fit were poor.

The build was painted as always by brush using mixed colours all round using revell/humbrol enamels.

IMG_6840

IMG_6841

IMG_6842

IMG_6843

IMG_6844

IMG_6845

IMG_6847

IMG_6848

IMG_6849

IMG_6850

IMG_6851

IMG_6852

IMG_6853

IMG_6854

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Look's superb,great paintwork but that runway needs some serious weeding!

I think it was an emergency landing at a dis-used airfield 😂

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

Looks great!

Bruck painted and eyeballed colors?? 

Excellent modern day Flanker :)

:)

Never had an air brush and probably never will,the only ready to go colours available are Mr Color acrylics which if you brush paint on a large scale i find you can't get a good finish with as they dry quicker than enamels leaving brush lines.

• Like 1

Wow, an excellent Flanker, one doesn't see the KH Su-35S built very often with the GWH kit available. I'm really envious about your painting skills, sometimes I get a worse finish using an airbrush :lol:

Great build 👍

Cheers

Markus

1 hour ago, Shorty84 said:

Wow, an excellent Flanker, one doesn't see the KH Su-35S built very often with the GWH kit available. I'm really envious about your painting skills, sometimes I get a worse finish using an airbrush :lol:

Great build 👍

Cheers

Markus

Thanks Markus,i may have to start doing work in progress videos showing the brush painting as some people seem to not believe that my builds are not airbrushed.

22 hours ago, chris148 said:

Thanks Markus,i may have to start doing work in progress videos showing the brush painting as some people seem to not believe that my builds are not airbrushed.

Oh yes, please do. I would be really interested to improve my painting skills with the hairy stick.