Revell nighthawk question

feoffee2

Hi. 

If I remember correctly from threads I read, some have everything and some don't 

Maybe two production runs thro the mold ? 

Spur shots and instructions here

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/P-70-Nighthawk-17302042.html

Cheers 

Jerry 

• Like 1

Yes that Revell boxing has all the parts to do a Mk.III Boston.

Unlike SH who block off the gates so that you only get the parts appropiate for the version they have in the boxing, Revell's release includes the parts used for all the NF versions. That includes the bomber noses as some of the P-70 ones that SH did had overpainted bomber noses.

• Like 1

It might depend upon which 1/72 Revell P-70 kit you are talking about, The first one was released in 1982, number 4420, and  had  the solid nose;  it was a revised tooling of their A-20C. IIRC. The second one was  number 03939, released in 2016, and was a reboxed MPM kit, which had the clear parts for the bomber version included on the clear parts sprue, as shown in Jerry's link.

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected text
  • Like 1

Incorrect - kit 03939 is a re-issue of the SH mouldings and has all the parts for the bomber nose included as per the sprue shots linked to by Jerry Brewer on post #2.

kit 4420 is a rework of the 1970's Revell A-20 moulds and only includes a solid fighter nose. The only clear parts are for the cockpit canopy and the gunners position.

I have both kits and just checked 4420 to confirm what was included.

• Like 1

I stand corrected! I will edit the incorrect data from my post.I don't know how I missed the two nose transparencies shown as part of the clear parts sprue! :sorry: Guess the ol' Mk 1a eyeballs ain't what they used to be.

Mike

• Like 1