Wellington Mk II

72modeler

Just saw the announcement of this future Airfix release; anybody besides me and @tonyot excited about the news? Guess I will wait to get the plastic in my hands before I get rid of my resin DB cowings.  (Would rather have seen a Hampden,  Stirling, or even a Sunderland, but there's always hope!)

Mike

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, treker_ed said:

There is a thread in the Rumoumonger about the Wellington including the Mk II

There's a nice description and CAD drawings on the latest Airfix Workbench of the Mk II kit and the upcoming Tempest Mk V! (Already keeping my fingers crossed for a Mk I I and Mk VI!)

Mike

Not much chance of a VI or II from Airfix looking at the article, not sure if there is going to be the much more common Series 2. 

Interesting to see what the KP/AZ ones look like and what SH produce. 

I am waiting for this Mk II also. BTW - Is there any Warwick (or large piece of it ) preserved? I am asking in context of possibility that Warwick will be issued by Airfix.  AFAIR some time ago they made an announcement, that they need a real thing to scan, otherwise they will not do a model...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Just saw the announcement of this future Airfix release; anybody besides me and @tonyot excited about the news? Guess I will wait to get the plastic in my hands before I get rid of my resin DB cowings.  (Would rather have seen a Hampden,  Stirling, or even a Sunderland, but there's always hope!)

Mike

I am. Been waiting for it we first saw they were doing the Mk.II back in 2017 (?). I haven't bought any of the Airfix Wimpy's yet so looking forward to this.

1 hour ago, WhitleyZ6743 said:

They actually leaked it at Scale Model World in 2017 (Bottom left):
editor-171111-5a06d71ab5325-800x600.jpeg

I don't know if anyone else noticed?

Yes that's what I was referring to, it was pointed out in the Rumourmonger thread and that's why I decided to wait for this version as I just haven't got room for all of them 🤪

It's been available on Hannants to back-order since the start of the year and is allegedly due to arrive June/July so let's hope Airfix/Hannants have better luck with this than the Beaufort.

Following recent trends sadly I don't see Airfix using this as a basis for releasing other related types, same also for their Tempest V I suspect, but I may be proven to be wrong in due course.

Regards

Colin.

• Like 1

• Greg B locked this topic