1/72nd RNZAF Percival Vega Gull.

Here's one of my entries over on the current ANZAC GB on which you can have a look at the WIP.

This is from the double boxing, with a Proctor, I got for almost the same price as a single kit on the 'net.

A nicely detailed kit let down by poor instructions, it isn't what you would call a simple build.  Lots of clean-up of mould lines and test fitting.

The cockpit floor and bulkheads need careful placement, I put those together into one half of the fuselage before adding the seats etc.

The other main problem was the five-part glazing which needed filing and constant test fitting.

There is a lot of PE which I mostly discarded, I only used the cockpit dashboard shelf and the pitot tube assembly!

Despite usually using an airbrush these days, with the ease of use and clean-up of water-based Acrylics, I decided to give using a Hairy Stick for a change, with Xtracrylics for the uppers and Vallejo ModelAir RLM 65 for the Sky Blue.

The kit decals settled easily using Humbrol Decalfix on the Gloss finish of the upper colours, I used 'Klear' for the matt lower colour.

Final Matt finish was done airbrushing Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Davey.

DSC_0006 DSC_0007 DSC_0011 DSC_0010 DSC_0008

• Like 17

39 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

Great brush skills, very nice build of an attractive little aircraft.

Pete

Thanks Pete, if you look close there are brush marks, the varnish hides them nicely! I'll probably try different paints in future.

Davey.

Really nice Davey,....... I`ve got this kit and also a part started 1/48th one,...... you`ve convinced me to go and dig them out,...... you`ve done a cracking job mate!

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1