H Builds “Revell’s 1/100 A-4M Scooter, with included extras” FINISHED

42 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Nice of you to join us H.

Have you been raiding @CliffB's stash? I don't ever remember seeing that kit before.

Good luck with your build mate.

I was surprised when I saw it on evil bay and thought “Why not?”

The extras include two bomb trolleys and some crew. 

• Like 1

• Hockeyboy76 changed the title to H Builds “Revell’s 1/100 A-4M Scooter, with included extras”

A great choice H and if, IIRC, not your first foray into 1/100 :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, klr said:

Is this one of the Tamiya 1/100 range from the late 1960s? Scalemates seems to be a bit confused about the origins of this kit.

Over the years Revell have released two 1/100 Skyhawks, one of which was indeed the 1960s Tamiya A-4E.

This A-4M though, is actually a re-boxing of the Takara kit which was first released in 1983.

(Sorry for butting in).

@Hockeyboy76, I've never seen this boxing in the flesh before, so I'm looking forward seeing the decal options :popcorn:

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CliffB said:

A great choice H and if, IIRC, not your first foray into 1/100 :thumbsup:

Over the years Revell have released two 1/100 Skyhawks, one of which was indeed the 1960s Tamiya A-4E.

This A-4M though, is actually a re-boxing of the Takara kit which was first released in 1983.

(Sorry for butting in).

@Hockeyboy76, I've never seen this boxing in the flesh before, so I'm looking forward seeing the decal options :popcorn:

Cheers

Thanks for the info Cliff & you know I like to dive in and out of the odd scales. 

The decals were placed on the window sill to bleach in the lovely unseasonal sunshine in this part of Wales.

Unfortunately it’s snowing!!

• Like 1

For those in the know,

I have checked that Dave is on the train & I have respected the Ice cream man in his van. 

(Yes Scooter CDs on )

@modelling minion you can clearly see the bomb trolleys and figures. I’m not sure on scale as you can just about get the head of a crewman through the towing eye. 

• Like 4

On 4/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, nimrod54 said:

That's looking good H. I haven't seen this kit before, it seems to have gone together well.

Would have thought you would have me of these lurking in your stash good buddy. 

21 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Yes it has gone together very nicely.

Nice start on the painting too H.

start painting? 
It’s finished. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2021 at 6:16 PM, modelling minion said:

Any more movement on your great little Skyhawk H?

Last seen she was very close to the finish line and it would be great to see her in the gallery before the GB ends in 2 weeks.

She’s on the flight line Craig

A2231A5E-439F-4B33-9D42-F352FC0FEC1D

• Like 4

• Hockeyboy76 changed the title to H Builds “Revell’s 1/100 A-4M Scooter, with included extras” FINISHED