Hi all

spraytime

My name is Steve, i'm 52 and its been well over 40 years since i last did a model, i decided to give it another try now i have a little bit more time to myself, i am currently trying to build a 1/350 academy titanic 1405 and it is truly an awful kit as nothing fits, bad molding and warped parts so i might just give up on it and wait for a better quality kit like the deluxe edition. I have a couple of others, tamiya bismarck and revell uss new jersey platinum deition but these wont be touched just yet as i have never done photo etch before

• Like 1

Hello Steve. Welcome to the forum from the high plains of New Mexico. I do believe that we all have encountered your dilemma a time or two, maybe , hmm plenty. You should find all kinds of information and tips to get you back building the Titanic. I do 48th scale aircraft but have had a bit of a go at ships. Large diorama is in the future plans.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Hello Steve ...:post1: from the coty by the lake Chicago USA. I don't blame you holding off on the etch. Get a couple of cheap kits from Airfix and practice as you go. One or two techniques a build and you skills will build up quicker than you think. Hold off on the photo etch until you are certain you're ready. Oh and don't forget plastic doesn't expire. So If you hit a wall and are not sure what to do or you get frustrated, shelf the kit and move on. You can go back to the kit when you are ready to. 

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...