Hello there, from the USA.

KaizenMaizer

I am a somewhat young and beginning model maker, I've only done Bandai kits as of now and mostly Gunpla, but I've been considering other brands and genre of kits (as nervous as I am about buying and making all that stuff!). Most of the straight builds. but I hopefully will be able to do more eventually. Not exactly sure what else to add since most the kits I've made aren't really remarkable and a lot of it could be chalked up to the Bandai engineering then my work on it. The most work I have done on one was a YF-14 with Ranka Lee decals and a Topcoat. I'll post it here.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Welcome to the mad house. Don't worry, we all had to start somewhere.

That looks really good. Getting those decals on must be a challenge, but very satisfying. Branching out into new areas can seem daunting, but nothing to fear from it.

4 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Welcome to the mad house. Don't worry, we all had to start somewhere.

That looks really good. Getting those decals on must be a challenge, but very satisfying. Branching out into new areas can seem daunting, but nothing to fear from it.

Yeah, big first thing is that those not being waterside probably didn't help.

When I first did them, they all balled up actually, so I had to go thru the task of untangling them with minimal damage. I'm glad at least the top looks good.

I've been not sure of my first "traditional" kit, I've been eyeing the Hasegawa Idolm@ster kits but those probably aren't a good idea. I still have a big backlog too (RG Sazabi, HG Byrlant, Figurise Fumina, MG Jegan)

Hello Kaizen ... :post1: from the windy city of Chicago. As Bentwaters said we all started somewhere, in my case 8 yrs old and in 1979. Built an F-4 Phantom in Day-glo camouflage with my step father. Been hooked on this plastic stuff ever since. Im mostly aircraft but do dabble in Bandai Star-wars occasionally. 

Dennis

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Nothing wrong with being young, we were all there once! (Though some of us are old enough to have forgotten!)

There's a ton of stuff you can learn here but that model looks really good!

20 hours ago, noelh said:

Welcome, looks great. I suspect my younger son would love your models. I'd love if he got into it. 

Honestly it's a good start. Gundam kits are usually easy to build right out of the box. Entry Grade Gundams are like just 8$ each.

I have been gravitating towards Real Grade and Master Grade kits since those have been more color accurate and usually more detailed, with Master Grades being bigger too (1/100 compared to 1/144) spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

Welcome @KaizenMaizer. Looks like you are doing fine already! As a modeller of around 50 years, my only advice would be "enjoy it!". As long as you are enjoying what you're doing then you've got where you need to be. Some modellers model for the result; others model for the pleasure of the process. And lots of us dabble in aircraft, armor, sci-fi etc. You'll also find that Britmodeller is a mixed bag of experiences, so there are always plenty of people who are at the same point on the ladder. And never be embarrassed to ask for advice: there's no such thing as a silly question on this forum, unless it's about knitting or cheese-making, ;)

Edited by Sabrejet
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:21 PM, Sabrejet said:

Welcome @KaizenMaizer. Looks like you are doing fine already! As a modeller of around 50 years, my only advice would be "enjoy it!". As long as you are enjoying what you're doing then you've got where you need to be. Some modellers model for the result; others model for the pleasure of the process. And lots of us dabble in aircraft, armor, sci-fi etc. You'll also find that Britmodeller is a mixed bag of experiences, so there are always plenty of people who are at the same point on the ladder. And never be embarrassed to ask for advice: there's no such thing as a silly question on this forum, unless it's about knitting or cheese-making, ;)

Thanks, I might do a forum series on my HG Byrlant to see how it goes. 

• Like 1