First kit Mirage 2000D 1/72 Revell

Hello everyone!

Picked up some new hobbies during the pandemic. First I discovered DCS, the combat flight sim. This rekindled love for fast jets and youtube led me to scale models as well. 

This is the result of my first attempt at building and painting a model kit. I learned alot during the process and have already strarted a new one. I received a lot of helpfull advice from Doctor Mig, whos video's inspired me to try it out. So thanks for that.

IMG-7518.jpg

IMG-7534.jpg

IMG-7537.jpg

IMG-7543.jpg

IMG-7550.jpg

IMG-7552.jpg

IMG-7553.jpg

IMG-7561.jpg

IMG-7569.jpg

IMG-7573.jpg

IMG-7575.jpg

IMG-7577.jpg

Edited by Ramtin
  • Like 25

Excellent first build! Well done! 

Advice on taking photos (I am no expert though by any means) - use white, light blue or light gray background, desk lamps for side lighting and flash. Check it out on the internet, there is bunch of stuff on that. :)

Best, 

Nikola

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SAT69 said:

That being your first completed model, I have to tell you I'm  very impressed!

2 hours ago, AndyK2479 said:

Very impressive! I’m new to the hobby and would have been very happy with a kit finished to such high standards.

Thanks! It is far from perfect and I did screw up here and there. Learnt a lot during the process and I guess that’s where the fun is. But I’m glad that you guys like it! 

2 hours ago, Nikola Topalov said:

Excellent first build! Well done! 

Advice on taking photos (I am no expert though by any means) - use white, light blue or light gray background, desk lamps for side lighting and flash. Check it out on the internet, there is bunch of stuff on that. :)

Best, 

Nikola

Thanks Nikola :) I know the pictures aren’t great. I only had my phone camera and naturally it’s a bit limited. I will look into it for the next time.

Nice work :) Deceptively small aircraft, that. 

3 hours ago, Ramtin said:

I only had my phone camera and naturally it’s a bit limited. I will look into it for the next time.

It depends :) I shoot almost all my pics with an S10 & white cardboard sheets from packaging boxes. 

As long as the lighting is good you can do a lot with modern phone cameras. 

• Like 1

Great work 👏

It would be better if you posted the images here full size instead of thumbnails - 

IMG-7518.jpg

As for photography, it doesn't need to be a light coloured background, I quite often use black, just get it as plain as you can. Getting the lighting right is the key thing.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2021 at 14:14, dragan_mig31 said:

Great job my friend.I am so glad you did your first model to this level of quality.You should have seen my first model :D You should be proud of your creation.

Thanks a lot buddy! You were of great help! You never hesitated to give me advise. I am very thankfull 😀

Thanks so much everyone! I am very glad that I somehow managed to impress people with so many nice builds under their belt. I only hope to create as nice of a collection that you guys have built! Lets start with my second build :D

23 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Great work 👏

It would be better if you posted the images here full size instead of thumbnails - 

IMG-7518.jpg

As for photography, it doesn't need to be a light coloured background, I quite often use black, just get it as plain as you can. Getting the lighting right is the key thing.

Oh yeah that would be better. How do I do this with the current thumbnails? Maybe I can edit the post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramtin said:

Thanks so much everyone! I am very glad that I somehow managed to impress people with so many nice builds under their belt. I only hope to create as nice of a collection that you guys have built! Lets start with my second build :D

Oh yeah that would be better. How do I do this with the current thumbnails? Maybe I can edit the post.

Yes you can edit your post - just open each image in Postimage and right click, then select "copy image address" and just select "paste" to paste it into you message.

• Like 1