Ground Support Equipment - delivered to Hannants

tnuag

We delivered several items to Hannants this week, I am still amazed at the level of detail and build quality possible with 3D printing

Here are a few pictures, thanks to Andy Davies for building the models and taking the photographs:

RAF Trolley Accumulator - pre-war & early WW2 in 1:24, 1:32, 1:48 and 1:72 scales

spacer.png

RAF Trolley Accumulator - late WW2 & post-war in 1:24, 1:32, 1:48 and 1:72

spacer.png

RAF Taskmaster medium tractor in 1:72 scale

spacer.png

RAF Super Taskmaster medium tractor in 1:72 scale

spacer.png

RAF F59 medium tractor in 1:72 scale

spacer.png

RAF F396 large tractor in 1:72 scale (shown with cab in raised and lowered positions)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Blue Steel bomb trolley in 1:72 scale

spacer.png

QRA pan ground power plinths in 1:72 scale

spacer.png

Edited by tnuag
Add a comment
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have done the F396 tractor, Wendy loader and F59N flight deck tractor/fire engine in 1:144 and they are all beautiful.

The main problem is that generally 144 GSE does not sell well, so I will ask Hannants if they want them.

4 hours ago, tnuag said:

We have done the F396 tractor, Wendy loader and F59N flight deck tractor/fire engine in 1:144 and they are all beautiful.

The main problem is that generally 144 GSE does not sell well, so I will ask Hannants if they want them.

You would definitely have a customer for all your items here Neil! :clap2:

cheers,
Mike

I never cease to be amazed by the detail which is possible with 3D printing - the only significant drawback is having to remove all the supports and then flatten the mounting surface. Having said that, you can do things which isn't possible with injection moulding.

We hope to get a big machine later this year, if we do, I plan on doing an ocean liner which we sailed on over half a century ago....

• Like 2

Hi Neil,

I agree, about the support residue, but I find it worthwhile; plus you get to build things not currently available in your scale.  I really do like GSE elements; however, British stuff is so hard to find with most suppliers choosing the US equipment.   I like to build my own but finding plans for British subjects are the real constraint.  Here's one of my unfinished 1:144 builds, an AEC Matador 6x6 aircraft refueller:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I build items like this just for myself, I am not a commercial producer and still rely on manufacturers, like yourself, for most of my airfield and flight deck GSE.  I do hope that Hannants will stock your 1:144 scale subjects.

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

Have you looked at the Mick Bell plans? Now on line thanks to his son.

They are 1:76, so you need to multiply by 106% to get 1:72 - the link is https://mickbellplans.com/

13 hours ago, tnuag said:

Hannants have the Brengun resin sets of 144th flightdeck tractors recently released so hopefully these should prove of interest.

Otherwise would you consider eBay sales or even just via this forum?

We asked Hannants to do all our sales because mail order is so labour intensive, and it has worked well for many years. It is unlikely that we would go any other route due to lack of time. I will discuss i1:144 with them again.

• Thanks 1

No point in larger scale F396, because there is no 1:48 C-17, Atlas or Voyager.

Yes to Wendy loader and all the other tractors when time permits. We have two more large printers on order to help (June delivery on the machines, d.v.).

As an aside, if you like larger scales, we are doing a 1:18 scale GPU for the USAF.

• Like 1

@tnuag Neil, I'll have a word with one of our members and find out what he has on the ground handling trolleys for WE177.

He used to 'play' with 'buckets full of sunshine' while he was in the RAF.

Paul

• Like 1