Transit Mk.2 Phase One Beavertail Vehicle transporter

Finally finished. Italeri van converted to Mk.2 Phase One Extra Long Chassis Cab with Beavertail Bed. Finished to represent a restoration in progress with the cab awaiting a paint job having had some body panels replaced and the previously applied vinyl stripes and paint rubbed down. Work in progress here

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

I've not decided if a vehicle will be strapped to the bed as yet but the Mini gives an idea of fit. Thanks for dropping by for a look see.

• Like 18

Very effective finish, especially the cab.  Needs something on the back - perhaps something with the nickname Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious?

Trevor

• Haha 1

Superb! I've seen a few of these around. My late brother bought a green Mini van from the Oxford factory in 1963 and drove it home. Whilst driving home he found that as he pulled away from junctions/traffic lights it jumped out of first gear. When he got home he jacked it up on one side and took the wheels off and the inside of the rims were rusted in one spot. He asked for a new one as this one was traced back to being built in 1961 hence the dodgy gearbox, and it had been parked up for two years on an old airfield outside Oxford! The British Leyland dealer who organised the sale could only get a new gearbox out of BL and brother accepted that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

A brilliant end result. Have you got a couple of scrap Mini's to go on the back? I think I've got a couple of those Michelin men in the scrap boxes.

Some people's scrap is another person's imaginative use of spares. I do have a lot of Transit body back ends, can't think why though? 😂 Now what about an insanely stretched Transit van...

I appreciate the kind comments and tales of yesteryear.

Edited by mbdesignart
more info
  • Like 2

Or a very short one for doing wheelies at Santa Pod? It's been done with VW's many times.

Supervan (1 & 2) had V8's in the back so we have history.

Completely mad version, two rear sections joined together. It would look like one of those motorised sheds!

Your builds are always good to watch.

• Like 2