1/72 - Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik by Ark Models - box art - release in 2021

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik by Ark Models - box art - release in 2021
4 hours ago, politicni komisar said:

I envisage a reprint of the old from (Toko)

molds with new glazing.

t.p

Samo/P.k

Yes, that little self-adhesive label says, "New tool 2020 for cockpit glass". I suspect you're right - Ark has been known to rebox kits from other sources before, although a totally new tooling of any VVS Great Patriotic War type is greatly to be desired! I won't exasperate anyone by making my usual (Yak-9, I-16) suggestions - oops, I did it again... :whistle:

John

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

I think the boxtop shows one of the rebuilt Il-2s flying with an Allison engine causing the propeller to rotate in the opposite direction. 

True but it's probably just a placeholder image.

20 hours ago, John Thompson said:

I won't exasperate anyone by making my usual (Yak-9, I-16) suggestions - oops, I did it again... :whistle:

John

Have I heard someone calling out for a Yak-9? Hi there, Mr. Thompson!

The Il-2 is pretty well covered in 72 scale, with kits from Tamiya, Academy, Kovozavody Prostejov and Eduard.

If you want a Yak-9, options are limited.

I'd rather welcome a rebox of the Dakoplast Yak-9... which has become hard to find by now.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Have I heard someone calling out for a Yak-9? Hi there, Mr. Thompson!

The Il-2 is pretty well covered in 72 scale, with kits from Tamiya, Academy, Kovozavody Prostejov and Eduard.

If you want a Yak-9, options are limited.

I'd rather welcome a rebox of the Dakoplast Yak-9... which has become hard to find by now.

Thanks for noticing! Now if I could just get the kit manufacturers to wake up to this golden opportunity... :bell: :D

Yeah, a reissue of the Dakoplast Yak-9s would be better than nothing. But please, not the Airfix or ICM/Encore horror shows - those are worse than nothing. I'd rather whittle a Yak-9 out of a bar of soap.

Getting back to the Il-2 in 1/72, don't forget the Hobby Boss one - AFAIK, that's really not a bad kit either in spite of being a snap-together, and of course it builds really fast!

John

• Like 1