RS Caudron Cr 714

It's a nice little kit. The kit canopy was way too thick. Luckily I had a Falcon vac replacement originally done for the Heller kit. After some judicial trimming I got it to fit fairly well. To my disappointment the spinner was missing from the kit. In my stash was the old Heller kit and I used the spinner from it. It's a tad oversize but not all that noticeable once attached. The underwing guns are hollow tubing. The gun sight and pitot tube were also replaced with thin metal tube and rod. The kit went together fairly easily. The camo was the challenge. Thanks for looking.
-Bert

DSC03719.jpg

DSC03721.jpg

DSC03722.jpg

• Like 23

Got a bit of a soft spot for the '714, even if it was a rubbish fighter.  That RS kit looks a wee bit more advanced than the venerable Heller offering and you have done a nice job with it.  There's always lots of contention about the 'right' French colours, but your look good; what paints di you use?

Nice one! I prefer the markings and colors used on the ones the Finns ended up with, but I know a good model when I see one, and this is certainly one! Have to watch out for the canopy issue- fortunately I also have a Falcon canopy. You can barely tell the spinner is a tad oversized- glad I still have a Heller kit in the stash. Thanks for the comments regarding the problems with the RS kit.

Mike

14 hours ago, Natter said:

Got a bit of a soft spot for the '714, even if it was a rubbish fighter.  That RS kit looks a wee bit more advanced than the venerable Heller offering and you have done a nice job with it.  There's always lots of contention about the 'right' French colours, but your look good; what paints di you use?

Thank you. I used the French aircraft Model Master enamels paint (AFAIK no long longer available). Except for the green. I mixed it using photos of the Finnish aircraft in Bartlomiej Belcarz book, "GC 1/145 in France 1940". A Mushroom book. There are color period photos included which I believe would be the same paint used on the French aircraft. BTW the RS kit is MUCH more advanced than the Heller kit. I built both.

• Thanks 1