Eduard Mirage III CZ SAAF 1982 1:48

Just a few pics of this lovely kit. It is Eduard's  Mirage III CZ SAAF 1982 in 1:48. I used the Profipack version and finished it in the kit decals for nr. 800 2 Eskader/ 2 Squadron of the SAAF Waterkloof 1982.

The kit has 4 vices;

1. Poor fit of the wing undersides to the fuselage in particular the ventral gun bays and the overall fit of upper wing to fuselage is ......ambitious lets say. 

2. The plane sits too high; chop the nose wheel down by 2-3 mm 

3. Fit of the cockpit Instrument panel hood is bad.       

4. Loctaion of main undercarriage support arms is esoteric 

Plane is a tail sitter (not a vice as its stated in the instructions) so don't forget to add weight to the nose.

20210403_152713.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210403_152753.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210403_152948.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210403_153342.jpg?width=1920&height=10

Other than that its a lovely kit and I picked up a few more as Overtrees to use up the Profi Pack decal sheet. If you buy enough overtree kits it justifies the postage.

At least that is what I tell my wife.  

Regards 

Brian 

Edited by BKirwan
  • Like 41
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, exdraken said:

You did a great job!! great work and colorscheme, I like it a lot :inlove:

Fantastic Mirage III!

Some weapons maybe next time?

Thank you for your kind comments. As regards the weapons I was in two minds to even include the tanks.🤔

This is such a beautiful aircraft why would you go and make it all ugly by hanging dangly bits off it?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BKirwan said:

This is such a beautiful aircraft why would you go and make it all ugly by hanging dangly bits off it?

Agreed! Nice to see that you've given it the soft-edge camo that the CZs carried, rather than the hard-edge scheme of the EZs and F1s.

Jon

• Like 1

That's a nice build.  I also recently finished this kit (it's on here somewhere) and I'm glad you also found the instrument panel cover a tough fit as it means it wasn't just me.  The location of the main gear oleos is indeed highly nebulous but I got a good fit on the upper wing to fuselage joints by attaching them to the fuselage BEFORE I attached the lower wing - in fact I ALWAYS attach such parts in this order nowadays!

• Thanks 1