Dora Wings catalogue 2021-2022

Homebee

Dora answered in another topic that Wallace and Wapiti depended on plans John Adams was supposed to deliver, but the communication stopped and these projects are on indefinite hold.

Looking at the catalogue, I find other strange things which by now became a standard for Dora. They just don't pursue the whole project to the end in any of cases. There is still no trace of 

only WW2 version of S.55 flying boat that was operated by Romanian Air Force. Also the Kingcobra and Proctor families are incomplete and it seems Lysander is going the same way, remaining 

only on Mk.III version. This is very sad and bad approach, because it might spoil the type for other producers (for example Airfix for Lysander), and we are probably going to be left without the 

whole coverage by one producer under the same standard (like we have been so far in the case of Lysander, where each version has been covered by different producer in different technology).

2 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

Dora answered in another topic that Wallace and Wapiti depended on plans John Adams was supposed to deliver, but the communication stopped and these projects are on indefinite hold.

Looking at the catalogue, I find other strange things which by now became a standard for Dora. They just don't pursue the whole project to the end in any of cases. There is still no trace of 

only WW2 version of S.55 flying boat that was operated by Romanian Air Force. Also the Kingcobra and Proctor families are incomplete and it seems Lysander is going the same way, remaining 

only on Mk.III version. This is very sad and bad approach, because it might spoil the type for other producers (for example Airfix for Lysander), and we are probably going to be left without the 

whole coverage by one producer under the same standard (like we have been so far in the case of Lysander, where each version has been covered by different producer in different technology).

Have Dora Wings stated they are going to do all these versions of the types you mention?

• Like 2

18 минут назад MarkoZG сказал:

Я никогда не говорил, что они должны были, это не суть моего поста.

I don't understand your interest in Dora's models.
You are a big fan of RS models. I think they probably do EVERYTHING right and release EVERYTHING you need right away.  😉

Nevertheless, I will answer some questions.
Romania marking will be included in set 72018.
Other modifications are planned for Lysander as well.
The Wallace / Wapiti project has been put on hold (which is true) due to the lack of blueprints from the esteemed John Adams, according to which the model should be made.

And further. Only Eduard (and a few other manufacturers) can afford to release the tenth in a row a box of Mustang, Messerschmitt or Spitfire, selling them all.
Other manufacturers have to produce other models and alternate them with other models (without missing 10 modifications of one prototype in a row) in order to stay afloat and invest profits in OTHER projects (not BF.109, P-51, etc.).

• Like 12

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Did I miss something here? Can't see this for searching. :( It would surely be welcome too.Steve.

My mistake - should read "would be", not "will be". Although they were announced almost 3 years ago

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stevehnz said:

I recall that now, just as well I didn't let my Pegasus one go. :)Steve.

I also do keep the ARK/Novo/Frog one in my stash. 

Anyway - the hope is the last to die. So maybe someday...

Thus don't be so sad 😉

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 4:45 PM, MarkoZG said:

only on Mk.III version.

I think this "strange" standard is quite standard for most producers. Revell, Tamiya, Hasegawa, Airfix - and many others.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:45 PM, MarkoZG said:

This is very sad and bad approach, because it might spoil the type for other producers (for example Airfix for Lysander), and we are probably going to be left without the 

Truly sad and bad that Dora Wings cares for their own profits and not for other producers' happines. Truly strange. Shame on them. They should gone bankrupt but release all the Lysander versions, just for Marco (and "for Airfix").

Edited by GrzeM
typo correction
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, GrzeM said:

I think this "strange" standard is quite standard for most producers. Revell, Tamiya, Hasegawa, Airfix - and many others.

Truly sad and bad that Dora Wings cares for their own profits and not for other producers' happines. Truly strange. Shame on them. They should gone bankrupt but release all the Lysander versions, just for Marco (and "for Airfix").

That's the thing it's quite strange for a manufacturer to do all versions of a type - Special Hobby are doing all the Mirage III versions, but that's not normal, but on such a popular type they can get away with it. On less popular types it could be a big risk.

• Like 3