Bealine Viking

Recently completed for a freind, The Valom 1/72 scale Vickers Viking of BEA circa 1953. Built OOB with Flight path DC 3 decals and finished with Humbrol acrylics. After service with BEA Victor Delta was sold to a European operator who in turn sold the aircraft to Hugh Kennard's Air Ferry at Manston. They were to be her last operator. The airframe was scrapped during 1967.

Not a shake and bake build but I am grateful for an injection moulded kit of these less popular types.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

It's lovely to see the Viking in kit form and for that we should be forever grateful to Valom. 

You've done a superb job with this kit and your metal finish is first class. 

• Thanks 1

Very nice indeed and lovely to see an injection moulded Viking/Valetta family. I hope that your mate liked it?.... He would be mad not to!

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nice, inspiring work on your part, sir!  The Viking is one of my favorites, and you've captured it well.  I hope you build another...perhaps a long-fuselage 1b?

Thank you. Yes I do have another One with a set of Autair decals from S&M. I'am no rivet counter but like the Airfix Dakota I think Valom have captured the look of the Viking well. Autair may have to wait as my next build will either be the Fly models Bristol 170 or Valom Twin pioneer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cngaero said:

It's lovely to see the Viking in kit form and for that we should be forever grateful to Valom. 

You've done a superb job with this kit and your metal finish is first class. 

Yes, indeed!

• Thanks 1