Hi everybody !

Not much time for modelling at the beginning of this week with a busy professional agenda.
I nevertheless had time to finish painting the landing gear doors and to fix them. The micro-painting is also finished, as well as the last decals. I will apply some last touches of glossy varnish tonight and everything will be ready for weathering

20210517.jpg

20210519.jpg

See you!

Fabrice

• Like 9

Hello !

Mr. Basket is a veritable encyclopaedia on everything related to aviation. You just have to ask a question and after a few minutes, you get the answer, accompanied by photographic documents etc.

When you think about it, it's quite strange coming from a person who can't tie his shoes by himself...

And why am I suddenly thinking about Rain man?

Anyway, the fact is that thanks to his skills, I was able to add some supplementary  details on this A-4 like the Tan colour sensors on the leading edges of the wings and the pitot on the vertical stabilizer which is present on the VMA311 aircraft at that time

Here are the almost final photos

20210520.jpg

20210521.jpg

20210522.jpg

20210524.jpg

20210525.jpg

20210526.jpg

some detail views

20210530.jpg

20210529.jpg

20210528.jpg

20210533.jpg

20210532.jpg

20210535.jpg

See you for the final shot !

Fabrice

• Like 7

Oh yes, that really is looking fantastic Fabrice.

All your hard work is really paying off and you are going to have a superb looking Skyhawk when you have finished her, which shouldn't be too long now as she looks very close to being complete. I really like the ladder, very well painted and a very realistic worn finish.

I am puzzled… as I was browsing the list of the many participants of this group build before posting my last pics, it appeared to me that Mr.Basket's topic had enjoyed 3k views....

3k views !!! How the hell is it possible !?!?!?

After asking him about it, and enduring his enthusiastic many expressions of unmitigated vanity, it became apparent that

a) this undeniable popularity began with the description of the character's habits and hobbies at the beginning of my editing

b) the 3k views are in fact accompanied by 3k very personal messages proposing to Mr. Basket games whose inanity and scandal forbid that I detail them here.

Of course, he will tell you that this information that I am naively giving you is simple jealousy on my part, but I could never be jealous of friends whose main activity is based on whips and studded leather corsets

I will therefore cautiously return to the editing of my A-4 while saluting here the ingenuity of some who hijack the purpose of this noble forum and transform it into an international dating club

So, as I wrote, the final details have been added, painted and I can present you this bird on its base

20210536.jpg

20210537.jpg

20210538.jpg

In conclusion, this kit remains unrivalled in terms of beauty and fidelity of rendering the appearance of the real aircraft. If one forgets between two assemblies, the difficulties of assembly and some little issues, these issues doesn't manage to spoil the pleasure to go back to it and it is an excellent basis to bring additional details.

By the way, and following this GB, a TA-4J and an A-4C have recently joined my stock...

See you

Fabrice

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well ... I will NOT comment your allegations and just give you my sincere congratulations for this amazing scooter , which is  dressed up with several premieres or at least rarely seen features in our modelling business !!!

- Hell hole

- pitch up stabs

- detailled pylon

just to mention a few ...

- :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well that didn't take long to finish Fabrice.😉

I am extremely impressed with your build, the attention to detail and very high standard of workmanship are absolutely superb. I believe that you have set the bar for Hasegawa Skyhawk builds very high with this fantastic model.

Thank you for taking part in the GB and very well done.

And please don't forget to put 5 pictures in the gallery.

• Thanks 1

Outstanding build Fabrice.  :cheers:

I will endeavor my best to not judge mine against yours.....it will only end in mental anguish!  :boom:   

However that will not stop me from maybe learning a thing or two along the way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

I will endeavor my best to not judge mine against yours.....it will only end in mental anguish!

That’s the thing with Britmodeller, it is in equal portions both inspirational and depressing!

AW

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/05/2021 at 22:18, modelling minion said:

Well that didn't take long to finish Fabrice.😉

I am extremely impressed with your build, the attention to detail and very high standard of workmanship are absolutely superb. I believe that you have set the bar for Hasegawa Skyhawk builds very high with this fantastic model.

Thank you for taking part in the GB and very well done.

And please don't forget to put 5 pictures in the gallery.

Thanks Craig, it’s been a great group build to join in and i tried to do my best. i've just post my five pics in the gallery an i’m now going to have some look at the other builds.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fabrice Simon said:

i tried to do my best

I think that you succeeded, your build is fantastic and far better than I can do and your representation of the hell hole in particular really stands out.

The pictures in the gallery really help to show just how good your build is.

• Thanks 1