Hello !

One of the defining characteristics of the South of France is the sickly jealousy of the natives combined with a candid bad faith that might make them look like congenital idiots were it not for their legendary deceitfulness. like all the inhabitants of his disgusting little town, Mr. Basket is not immune to the effects of these many (but not exhaustive) qualities.

So, on seeing the progress made on the landing gear of my A-4, did he not suddenly look worried before declaring that the added details blurred the readability of the whole thing, that he should not be counted on to participate in such ostentation and that in any case he had better things to do than to waste time on his own assembly.

All this was said in a shaky voice while trying to remain dignified despite the involuntary grimaces visible under his veil (yes, when he is angry, he dresses like a young bride) (don't ask me why) (I'm only observing)

the lashing rings were replaced with metal wire on the front axle, the fork was cut, drilled, fitted with a pin and returned to the braced position

I added an axle to the front wheel after drilling it into place And I spent some time with the various hoses and cables...

20210465.jpg

20210467.jpg

20210466.jpg

20210468.jpg

as on the main landing gear

20210469.jpg

Details added in the flaps area are done

20210470.jpg

I also started to scratch the mess inside the nose and apparently it's worth it because it will remain visible despite the thickness of the transparent part hasegawa

20210471.jpg

See you !

Fabrice

• Like 8

Very nice work on the nose gear Fabrice, it is a huge improvement on how it looks straight from the kit.

I have started adding some details to mine but have not gone as far as removing the nose wheel and my detailing doesn't look as n eat as yours.

The main gear legs are very nicely detailed too, excellent work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fabrice Simon said:

sickly jealousy and felony in blood !!!!

Calm down Fabrice,  no need to get upset .:fraidnot:

Did you take your pills ? :tmi:

If you didn't , the gentlemen in white blouse will come back ...

... and you will have to put on their single sleeved shirt ... :banghead:

Calm down my dear friend ...

Emily will be back tomorrow at 7:00 p.m.  :giggle:

• Haha 2

Hello!

Just a quick update to show litlles progress made during the sanding process (mainly to think about something else...)

Some work done on  the airbrake’s bays

20210473.jpg

20210472.jpg

On the nose device (colouring is deliberately coarse so that the contrast remains visible once the transparent part is installed),

20210474.jpg

headsight

20210475.jpg

the windscreen has been glued and this scooter is ready to go in the paintshop to prime the whole thing and maybe identified a few more seams that will need attention….

See you!

Fabrice

• Like 6

Top notch job as usual . The optical targeting system looks pretty convincing so far .

Can't wait for the paint !

To the audience : some among you , as scooter fans might be interested by the Nam in general ... and maybe by AFV stuff ... in this case , check this out : https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235076512-buffaloes-encounter-m113-acav-1st-squadron-10th-cavalry-4th-inf-division/

Fabrice is far too modest to advertise for his own work , so let me do it .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, basket said:

Top notch job as usual . The optical targeting system looks pretty convincing so far .

Can't wait for the paint !

To the audience : some among you , as scooter fans might be interested by the Nam in general ... and maybe by AFV stuff ... in this case , check this out : https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235076512-buffaloes-encounter-m113-acav-1st-squadron-10th-cavalry-4th-inf-division/

Fabrice is far too modest to advertise for his own work , so let me do it .

As you don't know yet but will find out, it turns out that Mr Basket has been pursuing me for years now. So while I thank him for his kindness in looking at my work and effectively publicising it, let it be clear that this is not in any way an endorsement of the kind of relationship he secretly hopes for, either in the near or distant future (and I am thinking of thousands of years).

In the same way, the benevolence that I show towards him, especially in view of the many handicaps that plague him, must not be confused with a possible marital life or anything that might resemble it.

So dear friend (but a "dear" without ambiguity) Basket, let me thank you very straightly

• Haha 2

Hello to all you happy Tamiya green glue sniffers !

An update with the first pass of paint done on the model last evening.

The initial step was the source of an infinite number of varied insutls. Indeed, I learned with pain that some Mig products could suffer from a "quality discontinuity". The use of the black one-shot primer that I have used for many models with efficiency turned out to be ..... (too crude to write here).

The result was a workshop without any pleasure, 3 airbrushes clogged twice each and a layer of primer finally applied with a 0.5mm nozzle but needing a careful polishing after application.

Once this ordeal was over, which reminded me of listening to some of the records from Mr Basket's eclectic and surprising (in terms of boredom and pain) library, I was able to move on to black basing

20210478.jpg

followed by the application of the three greys that make up the camo of this version. I am scrupulously following the Furrball profile.

20210477.jpg

20210476.jpg

The difficulty for me lies in the difference in the light value of these three tints, which can be clearly seen by examining the reference photos.
I think I have arrived at an acceptable result for a pre-weathering base

20210479.jpg

see you
Fabrice

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 5

Hail to all!

Monday evening I've usedAlclad acrylic gloss varnish for the first time  and it looks very good, we'll see after the washes....

While the varnish was drying, I continued to detail the last elements : landing gear bays, pylons (I decided to open one en show some internal details), airbrakes and slats

20210484.jpg

20210483.jpg

20210485.jpg

The nozzle has been painted in dark burn metal on the inside, dark aluminium on the outside, a silver mithrill highlight has been applied on the exit edge

20210481.jpg

decals done  yesterday evening, I can't wait to unmask the canopy to see if the juxtaposition of cockpit and seat colours matches my expectations

20210482.jpg

we will see this evening

See you!

Fabrice

• Like 6

Wow! Fabrice this is looking absolutely fantastic.

The decals look like they have settled down really nicely.

But the best thing I have seen in a very long time is a weapons pylon with one of the covers removed and scratchbuilt interior, I have to echo Remy's emoji :worthy:. I don't think I have ever seen this done before and it looks fantastic.

• Thanks 1

As MM and Basket Case said, very impressive indeed.  The detailed pylon is something I have never seen before, takes modelling to another level.  👏

AW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is some unbelievably nice work being done here, I love the detailing work and the paint job is look superb! Well done. :thumbsup:

On 4/3/2021 at 6:50 AM, basket said:

🇫🇷  🇫🇷  🇫🇷  As a French compatriot I must be the first to welcome you in this GB !

I'm sure we'll have fun !!!

Hopefully you'll choose the Tomcatters ... with a very badass cartoon on the tail , it's suits quite well to the scooter !

BTW , your 2 old scooters look very nice .

alas poor Yorick/Basket/Remy VF-31 "The Tomcatters" (if you meant them...if not I will ride my coconuts off not the distance.....) didn't operate Skyhawks unfortunately. otherwise it would be an awesome scheme!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

There is some unbelievably nice work being done here, I love the detailing work and the paint job is look superb! Well done. :thumbsup:

alas poor Yorick/Basket/Remy VF-31 "The Tomcatters" (if you meant them...if not I will ride my coconuts off not the distance.....) didn't operate Skyhawks unfortunately. otherwise it would be an awesome scheme!

You're right , i had been thinking that VMA-311 Nickname was identically with THE VF-31 one but  it's Tomcats , not Tomcatters !!! Thank's for this precision .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, basket said:

You're right , i had been thinking that VMA-311 Nickname was identically with THE VF-31 one but  it's Tomcats , not Tomcatters !!! Thank's for this precision .

I had actually forgotten about them  :doh: ( I have a thing about VF-31 aircraft, am slowly building up all the aircraft they have used in 1/48th)  ...... and yes it would look awesome in a VMA-31 scheme as well!

• Like 1

Hi all !

I think I have already spoken to you here about the sickly jealousy that afflicts the inhabitants of certain underdeveloped French regions?

I had an illustration of this yesterday, during a model making workshop with dear Mr. Basket. During these sessions, where fair play and friendliness compete, we exchange advice based on photos of our work, all of it on teams (sound and image)..

So as I had quietly sent him a new picture, a howl of agony suddenly sounded ...

Imagine the scream of a turkey with its genitals stuck in a pasta machine and you can get a sense of what the sound was like in our virtual conference room.

Convinced that dear Basket had injured himself again with one of his modelling tools, I looked up to see his face hideously distorted by a grimace of concealed pleasure.

"Did you notice the scandalously leprous state of the paint surfaces in the area around the airbrakes?" he managed to articulate with difficulty before putting a large pillow over his face to mask his cries of joy (and now imagine smothering a turkey...)

The worst part is that the traitorous turkey was right and I spent yesterday evening using various grains of micromesh to correct this problem.

Once finished, I was able to install the pylons, airbrakes , slats, the hell hole trapdoor (with added détails)  and start the micropainting work

20210510.jpg

20210511.jpg

20210512.jpg

20210513.jpg

20210514.jpg

20210515.jpg

20210516.jpg

next step, the landing gear trapdoors

See you !

Fabrice

• Like 7

In response to many reactions to our last post, we would like to make it clear that, in addition to being honoured to have many turkeys among our readers, we have never allowed ourselves to be mocked or made fun of by this noble animal.

Furthermore, we obviously share the general opinion that the turkey is superior to most of God's other creatures, especially in terms of aesthetics and melody of the cry.

Similarly, we had no intention of intruding on private practices regarding the use of pasta machines. Turkeys are free to own pasta machines and to use them as they wish...

Finally, we would like to add that we have nothing but respect and admiration for turkeys, and one of our best friends is a turkey (or similar) (in any case, he yells the same)

• Haha 2