Hello ! I'm in !

just have to finish a P-38 next week and i'll join you with my third haseg scooter in nineteen years.

The first one

spacer.png

The second one

spacer.png

Usually I do not make several edits of the same plane. But this kit being what it is, a real gem, and this plane beeing what it is, a pure badass, this will be a real pleasure to build here a M version in lowiz colours (still have to choose the one, surely VMA311).

Some goodies will be added : Aires cockpit and wheels bays, RES wheels and Furball decals from "Lo Viz Devil Dog Scooters"

See you

Fabrice

• Like 7

🇫🇷  🇫🇷  🇫🇷  As a French compatriot I must be the first to welcome you in this GB !

I'm sure we'll have fun !!!

Hopefully you'll choose the Tomcatters ... with a very badass cartoon on the tail , it's suits quite well to the scooter !

BTW , your 2 old scooters look very nice .

• Like 2

Welcome to the GB Fabrice, very pleased that you have come to join the fun.

Your two previous Scooters look fantastic so it looks like we are in for a treat with your build. I like the small bases you have done for your builds, they show off your builds very well.

The Hasegawa A-4M is quite a popular choice for the GB so you are in good company with that too.

I am really looking forward to your build.

Craig.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, basket said:

🇫🇷  🇫🇷  🇫🇷  As a French compatriot I must be the first to welcome you in this GB !

I'm sure we'll have fun !!!

Hopefully you'll choose the Tomcatters ... with a very badass cartoon on the tail , it's suits quite well to the scooter !

BTW , your 2 old scooters look very nice .

A few words about Mister Basket who I have questionable pleasure to count among my friends and compatriots...

You will have noticed with me the uninhibited  and embarrassing nationalism of the subject.

Just know that he has also the  deplorable habbit to walking around with a rooster on a leash, singing martially Napoleonic marches on the principal (and only one) avenue of his little and filthy city of Marseille under the perplexic gaze of passers-by.

And his clothing habits are furthermore part of the general effect produced, you justhave to  imagine a tall tranny with the build of a rugby player and you will understand what I means… (and don't forget the rooster).

By the way, welcomme my dear Basket, I’m so delighted to meet you here !!!

• Haha 1

Well ... what to say ...

My dear Fabrice , I'm sorry to say to our fellow GB partners that in fact .... all this is pure phantasm ... from a person ... yourself I'm afraid ....

A person who weekly wears old fashioned dresses and wants his ( her ?)  friends to call her Emily !!!! 

A tribute to the famous Emily Howard !!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvH1LLZeef4

It doesn't matter, I understand and don't hold it against you , my dear Fabrice ... or should I say Emily ? :think:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Welcome to the GB Fabrice, very pleased that you have come to join the fun.

Your two previous Scooters look fantastic so it looks like we are in for a treat with your build. I like the small bases you have done for your builds, they show off your builds very well.

The Hasegawa A-4M is quite a popular choice for the GB so you are in good company with that too.

I am really looking forward to your build.

Craig.

Thx a lot Mister minion

i haven't resisted and began to cut the wings yesterday evening  😉

• Like 1

Well, it's time to take stock of the work done over the past days (and we will talk later about some people suffering of gender confusion syndrom...)

The cuting work was done first

- wings cut (notice the pointless attempt to preserve the slats supports...)

spacer.png

- hell hole cleared

spacer.png

- vertical stabilizer  cut out to show stabs in a nose-up position

spacer.png

I still have to cut the stabs to move the elevators but I started scratching in the Hell Holle area. Spare box ‘s out !

In the same time, fuselage was carved with a chainsaw to house the Aires elements , Aires elements themselves carved with explosive to allow adjustment... (no photos, too violent)

See you

Fabrice

• Like 7

Off to a very interesting start Fabrice.

I take it that you have accidentally removed some of your slat supports too, join the club!

Cutting out and detailing the hell hole is a very nice touch, as is removing and repositioning the horizontal stab supports, They are often seen tilted forward when the aircraft is on the ground so I am very interested to see how this turns out.

Best of luck with the Aries cockpit.

On 4/9/2021 at 7:19 AM, Fabrice Simon said:

Well, it's time to take stock of the work done over the past days (and we will talk later about some people suffering of gender confusion syndrom...)

The cuting work was done first

- wings cut (notice the pointless attempt to preserve the slats supports...)

spacer.png

- hell hole cleared

spacer.png

- vertical stabilizer  cut out to show stabs in a nose-up position

spacer.png

I still have to cut the stabs to move the elevators but I started scratching in the Hell Holle area. Spare box ‘s out !

In the same time, fuselage was carved with a chainsaw to house the Aires elements , Aires elements themselves carved with explosive to allow adjustment... (no photos, too violent)

See you

Fabrice

G'day Fabrice, I, like the depiction of the re-positioned tailplanes, this is very often overlooked. How did you achieve such a clean separation? It looks like you thinned them from the inside and then scribed or cut around the outside?

Keep up the good work,

Pappy

Hi !

three rainy days and let me presented some WIP pics

Escapac done, Aires one is good and need just minor improvments as the rear cockpit area

spacer.png

spacer.png

loocking at pic is usefull and i change ejection device for a thinner one

spacer.png

With cockpit, hell hole, intakes and  engine painted, it's time to close the fuselage

spacer.png

Hell hole, nearly done, detailled bay (with the pins bag made of green stuff) and some work done on the flaps mechanism

spacer.png

See you !

Fabrice

• Like 8

Hi !

I finally received the decals. ordered three weeks ago, California seems to be moving away from France. Very good quality of the furrball sheet with a lot of choices based on serious research.

20210458.jpg

While enjoying the side effects of my covid vaccination, I've been on a weekend break since this morning, so I've got some workshops lined up for the next four days...

So here are the advances to date.

The seat received its washes, I replaced the high ejection handle with a thinner lead strap more correct concerning the scale ratio, I'm waiting to place it in the cockpit to add some tonal changes or not

The Hell Hole hatch was painted, adorned with spare decals and put aside

20210464.jpg

I started the mastic and sanding process at the same time as the re-engraving of all the structural lines this allows me to alternate two tasks that I like only moderately (euphemism...)

20210459.jpg

An extra goodie landed on my workplan in the form of the PE set for  E/F version from Eduard. I will use notably the slat supports in a scratching attempt to replace the original parts

I started work on this area and think it’ll looks good

20210460.jpg

Stabs are in place with the elevators cut out and replace and hinges redone (wip)

20210461.jpg

20210462.jpg

And I started working on the landing gear by hollowing out the front fork

20210463.jpg

See you

Fabrice

• Like 7

Some more really excellent work Fabrice.

The seat and hell hole cover are excellent, and very nicely painted too.

The etched slat supports look very effective, far more realistic than the kit parts but I imagine very tricky to get fitted in place. I am not particularly good at using etched brass at the best of times and those parts look very delicate.

1 hour ago, Fabrice Simon said:

While enjoying the side effects of my covid vaccination

Fun isn't it, but I assure you it is a lot less trouble than actually having Covid. I hope you get over your side effects very soon.

• Like 1