1/72 XF-84H Thunderscreech

Hi there

Here is my recently completed Thunderscreech. The shiny finish was done using Alcad Airframe Aluminium misted over a coat of Polished Aluminium. The stars and bars came from Fantasy Printshop and the rest of the decals from the kit. The wingtip pitot tubes came fra Albion Alloys slide fit tubing.

Regards Toby

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 28

Brilliant, not the original but your build of it. According to an article in Aeroplane magazine the noise it made actually made people physically sick. 

Thunderscreech it was. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, noelh said:

Brilliant, not the original but your build of it. According to an article in Aeroplane magazine the noise it made actually made people physically sick. 

Thunderscreech it was. 

I read that once that while on a ground-based engine test a technician working inside a rearby parked C-47 went in to some sort of convulsive fit.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I love the Thunderscreech - call me crazy but I really, really want to hear what it actually sounded (felt) like - and this is a fantastic representation. Great build!

Edited by k5054nz

4 hours ago, k5054nz said:

I love the Thunderscreech - call me crazy but I really, really want to hear what it actually sounded (felt) like -

Don't click this link-- that way lies madness a kind of "meh" sound recording.

High volume through a premium sound system may help recreate the physical sensation.  😎

You've captured a rare bird, Planbuilder.  Good show.

• Haha 1