Halifax B.III 466SQN RAAF

Just checking back in on this group build since I haven't really been following these builds after I finished mine fairly early on. Enjoyed looking through this thread, I wish Airfix would retool the Halifax.... and a whole lot of other things . ..

• Like 1

Fantastic work Ray. 

Really inspiring.  Wish I would have made it up to Yorkshire to see the rebuild / replica of the real thing. 

Now if only I had the time and be in the right location to start one of my Airfix or MPC examples!   

• Like 1

I am calling this one done, the clear parts did not when unmasked did not turn out the best. A good 3 footer I'd say. Also noted a fair bit of decal silvering.

51164718676_b6b3ea19c7_b.jpg

More pictures in the gallery

• Like 12

A lovely build of this old tool classic - and a full crew of 7 as well! (I must build this!) Great work. All the best. Mike.

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 1

Outstanding Ray, 

Definitely need to move a Halifax up the build list seeing how nice this one has turned out .

If only I had one that cost less than a tenner :whistle:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

What a fabulous result Ray. I have to admit there is something about these older kits, especially with the rivets on, they give the aircraft 'texture' and as I was brought up on rivetted Airfix kits, they do not seem right if they do not have any! Who says we do not get influenced by things in childhood...

Ray

• Like 1

Excellent work Ray, what’s it like to build? Ask as to my surprise one has appeared in my local shop and I’ll get that for my birthday next month (if I don’t go for the academy Hercules on the top shelf) 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

On 5/15/2021 at 10:19 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Excellent work Ray, what’s it like to build? Ask as to my surprise one has appeared in my local shop and I’ll get that for my birthday next month (if I don’t go for the academy Hercules on the top shelf) 

As you can see from this thread it is not a shake and bake kit. Mine was an early issue so the fit may be better than a later release. Expect some flash to clean up and the filling I have done. The rear turret is fiddley.

The external detail (rivets) is fantasy, you will have some work to remove them and rescribe correct panel lines if that's the way you want to go, I built it OOB and did not worry about it. If you want a more up to date and detailed kit then the newer Revell release might be the way to go (Revell also reissued the Matchbox kit with Merlin engines so beware).