Revell - Boeing 747-400 British Airways (Landor) - Finished

Although I will admit that I am really a Negus and Negus man, that looks superb. I am currently in the middle of building or restoring about six 1/144 airliner models and I have to say that I would love mine to come out something like this one.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2021 at 16:43, FortyEighter said:

Hi Diogo,

A superb model, especially as it's the first one you've really given full effort to. Will now have to go back and read your WIP thread.

Mike (who still has a BA 747-236 waiting in the stash to be built)

Hey Mike! 

Very appreciated for your words! It is always great when someone likes your job! Well if you wanna read the WIP here’s the link: 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235087334-revell-boeing-747-400-british-airways-landor/

When it comes to your 742 I’m looking forward to see it! I’m not a master but if there’s anything I could help about colors and stuff let me know!

All the best, 

Diogo

18 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Hi Diogo! 

Very nice work indeed! Looks like she's been worked very hard without a bath in quite sometime. The BA Landor livery on the 747, and pretty much all other aircraft, is so stately and royal looking. You've done a fine job with this difficult kit. In spite of the challenges with the Revell kit you've done a cracking job of presenting her well. good work! :yes:

Paul

Hey Paul! Hope you’re okay! 

Thanks! Usually I prefer to see more clean airplanes but these dirty spots are something we/they can’t clean very often but despite that it gives a wild look to the model and to the real plane I guess! 
I think it’s what BA’s Landor has more: that sense of British Royal! The Lettering, the Coat of Arms on the tail, everything reminds me the good British standards! 
Revell did some massive gaps in the belly piece, I even had to use another putty used for construction because the Revell one didn’t filled the whole gap. It was way too sensitive. Sometimes when a problem appears we just need to improvise a bit. That’s what I’ve did 😁

Have a rest of good weekend and a Happy Easter! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BluesModeller said:

Absolutely fantastic!

The weathering is spot on.  Something I’d love to try on an airliner model but I know I’d trash it right at the final stage.  But this is just right!

Hello!

Thanks a lot! I was very in doubt about making the weathering because I had the same afraid of you. I’ve thought “okay I don’t want to screw this on the final stage” I’ve talked to my dad and he advised me how to do it. He said to me to paint the whole wings, elevators and more with a black “oil” he gave me. I didn’t wanted though but I’ve trusted on him, I’ve painted and in the end I just had with a tissue to remove the excess and voila! With that I definitely left my comfort zone! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

Although I will admit that I am really a Negus and Negus man, that looks superb. I am currently in the middle of building or restoring about six 1/144 airliner models and I have to say that I would love mine to come out something like this one.

I will confess to you Eric, so I am. At the time British Airways revealed all the retro 747’s I’ve said the Negus one was the most beautiful. And somehow it still is! I love the blue speedbird on the front. One thing that I’ve miss on Landor. But there’s one thing that I personally don’t like on Negus: the “a” on airways it’s not capital and that looks a bit weird but in the end I really like that painting and the uniforms also. When I got this 744 I wanted to do it with the Negus one but I didn’t found decals for it. Maybe with the new Zvezda 757 launch I’ll do one! 
Well if you want for your airliners you can approach me by sending me a private message and I will try to say to you what “oil” I’ve used for this! 
Have a rest of a good weekend and a happy Easter! 
Diogo

34 minutes ago, Diogo Monteiro said:

But there’s one thing that I personally don’t like on Negus: the “a” on airways it’s not capital and that looks a bit weird

Wow Diogo I've never noticed that before and I've modelled the whole Negus fleet!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

On 04/04/2021 at 19:26, Turbofan said:

Wow Diogo I've never noticed that before and I've modelled the whole Negus fleet!

Cheers,

Ian

I’m very perfectionist. Sometimes that is bad others good, but I try to notice all details 😁

On 04/04/2021 at 23:27, PhantomBigStu said:

Very Very nice, also have a -200 series to do in the same scheme.

Looking forward for it!

On 06/04/2021 at 20:44, Back in the Saddle said:

Lovely model - can’t believe I missed your build thread for this one... Mine certainly had a few challenges along the way and is still not quite complete!

Hello Captain! 

Thats a huge honor for me that a former 747 pilot likes my final model! When it comes to the thread no worries at all :D We have so much content here to watch that sometimes we miss something during the screening process :) 

I checked your 747 as well when I was in the early stages of mine, but at the time I hadn't even officially joined the BM. Hope you didn't had major fitting issues like I had, since we're both using the same kit model. I will continue to follow your thread, and your choose in the Utopia livery fits very well! ;) 

24 minutes ago, Diogo Monteiro said:

Thats a huge honor for me that a former 747 pilot likes my final model! When it comes to the thread no worries at all :D We have so much content here to watch that sometimes we miss something during the screening process :) 

I checked your 747 as well when I was in the early stages of mine, but at the time I hadn't even officially joined the BM. Hope you didn't had major fitting issues like I had, since we're both using the same kit model. I will continue to follow your thread, and your choose in the Utopia livery fits very well! ;) 

Thanks Diogo - I’m a sucker for a BA 747! I hope my build thread helped you out. As soon as I get my decals I hope to get my model into this section too!