Revell - Boeing 747-400 British Airways (Landor) - Finished

After 6 months since I've started this model, finally today I've finished it! This was actually the first model I've put all my effort and decided to take it in a serious way until the end. During the whole process which you can find on this topic: 

I've learned so much. also from feedback from other members here. Some errors were made but I've also learned with them and I will try not to repeat them on the next models! I will leave you with the pictures of the finished product. Hope you all like it! 

51089301280_2292249df9_b.jpg

51089031973_7d598e53dc_b.jpg

51088489006_5f886dafa9_b.jpg

51089031813_7f1572bff8_b.jpg

51088488811_e0e1a6d23e_b.jpg

51088488841_f1d9f06069_b.jpg

51088488976_785d7b597e_b.jpg

51089301225_b7e8a3b083_b.jpg

51088575002_755f42f8b7_b.jpg

51088575037_9215b76765_b.jpg

51089301245_2698385a04_b.jpg

• Like 43
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

A great looking 747.

The weathering is spot on as well.

Can almost hear the engines spooling up,this reminds me of my flights with the BA 747.A great sound from those RB-211s.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

That is super. Love the weathering. Looking forward to your next one, it will be a beauty like this one.

Very appreciated for your words! The weathering was challenging since it was my first time doing it! My next one will be a Swissair 747-200 and it’s almost done as well! Maybe next week it will be finished! 

5 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

A great looking 747.

The weathering is spot on as well.

Can almost hear the engines spooling up,this reminds me of my flights with the BA 747.A great sound from those RB-211s.

Thanks Alex! I’m very satisfied with the final result too! 
The Rolls-Royce engines have a magnificent noise! Here in Portugal we can identify the A330 NEO taking off by just the sound of the engines 😁

• Like 1

Hi Diogo,

Fantastic! You've done a great job on this model I'm particularly impressed with your weathering on the wings and base of the tail, always the dirtiest part of an airliner!

Definitely one to be proud of. Looking forward to your Swissair 747-200!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SAT69 said:

You've done a magnificent job and you can be very proud of the result.

I am indeed! All the hard work, the sanding the putty process and also de masking were very demanding for me! But thank God everything was worthy in the end!

7 hours ago, Zulu Hotel Alpha said:

great livery and well weathered...Looks fantastic!

The livery gives it the whole beauty :D I love the Landor details very much!

1 hour ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Diogo,

Fantastic! You've done a great job on this model I'm particularly impressed with your weathering on the wings and base of the tail, always the dirtiest part of an airliner!

Definitely one to be proud of. Looking forward to your Swissair 747-200!

Cheers,

Ian

Hey Sir! 

Thanks a lot for your words. The airplane was very clean, I didn't liked that very much so the weathering was that mandatory thing after the varnish. For the pictures I had those parts for obvious reasons seemed to me the dirtiest ones! Weathering them was a very interesting process since I basically painted the whole surface with a black "oil" and then make the results along with some normal makeup powder! 

About the Swissair one I will have to think, how I will weather the white pearl surface :D

By the way! I love your 377 Stratocruiser image ;) 

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Absolutely cracking result.

Thanks Stephen! Really Appreciated! 

Hi Diogo,

A superb model, especially as it's the first one you've really given full effort to. Will now have to go back and read your WIP thread.

Mike (who still has a BA 747-236 waiting in the stash to be built)

• Like 1

Hi Diogo! 

Very nice work indeed! Looks like she's been worked very hard without a bath in quite sometime. The BA Landor livery on the 747, and pretty much all other aircraft, is so stately and royal looking. You've done a fine job with this difficult kit. In spite of the challenges with the Revell kit you've done a cracking job of presenting her well. good work! :yes:

Paul

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic!

The weathering is spot on.  Something I’d love to try on an airliner model but I know I’d trash it right at the final stage.  But this is just right!

• Like 1