Luftwaffe Tornado IDS NORM 83 heavily armed with MW-1 Revell 1/48

On 4/5/2021 at 12:12 PM, corsaircorp said:

Very good Tornado Werner !!

I really like it... And the british one too !!

Great job, I'll give a try to tonkas next year !!

Is this revell kit a good one ?? Did you enjoyed the build ?

I still remember the show from "The Vikings" It was impressive !!

Sincerely.

CC

hi, thanks!

the Revell kit is not without issues, but in 48th it is in my opinion the best, without real competition details and model wise.

it is not easy to build though, way too complicated assembly! HINT: do NOT follow the instructions ;)

I enjoyed it so much that I did the RAF F.3 nearly simultaneously as well! will certainly build more of the breed!   :happy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:59 PM, noelh said:

Love it. The pictures are brilliant. They really look like the real thing. I have fond memories of Luftwaffe Tornados. 

Back in the nineties there were airshows at the Irish Air Corps base in Baldonnel. The Luftwaffe always obliged and were invariably spectacular. It happens I was working nearby on the following Monday after an airshow. The Germans overnighted no doubt sampling Irish hospitality. They surfaced around lunchtime and took off. I knew what was going to happen next and I rushed out to see the fun. 

They came back low and fast with full afterburner. Better than any airshow pass. Supposedly it set off every car alarm in the nearby town which was well used to aircraft noise. 

The Luftwaffe are the best. 

Thanks for sharing your memories!

Unfortunately Luftwaffe, or Marineflieger do not do much of airshow flying these days...

But I even witnessed a Marine Tornado buddy refueling demo once!  :thumbsup:

Those time are gone.....

Currently Luftwaffe Eurofighter even do the currently obligatory Elephant walk in a static way :D

https://theaviationist.com/2021/03/06/german-air-force-stages-weird-elephant-walk-with-18-eurofighters-with-no-pilots-wheel-chocks-and-engines-off/

• Thanks 1