T-6G Força Aérea Portuguesa

Another Portuguese T-6 -this time the Academy kit which looks quite nice. The decals will be from LF Models - I'll be doing the one with the fluorescent orange tail below. Given my complete failure to achieve anything in the Panzer III GB, I will be building this pretty much out the box, probably just adding some seat belts.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Julien
pictures way too big
  • Like 2

A little progress today. Painted up the cockpit parts with Humbrol light olive, which is probably a bit dark to be honest. Here are the sidewalls. Nice fine detail, but not sure how accurate it actually is. However it responds well to a wash and dry brushing. The instrument panels also have very fine raised detail which dry brushes up with a bit of care. Pleased with the results given my usual hamfisted approach to painting. Hopefully stick it all together tomorrow and add some seatbelts.

spacer.png

Pete

Edited by Potato Pete
pictures way too big

Cockpit now assembled, with some photo etch seat belts attached. 

spacer.png

And sealed up, no issues here.

spacer.png

Happy with things so far. There's a slight seam between the cockpit rear decking and bulkhead but I intend to cover that with a blob of paint and hope for the best. 

Pete

Edited by Potato Pete
pictures way too big
  • Like 4

That is a promising start Pete, this looks like a far nicer kit than the Heller one I made in the Heller GB recently, I'll follow this along. As an aside, you might like to think about resizing your photos. That last one is over 5mbs & that will be why they are slow to load. Something with a max width of 1024px works well for the forum, overly large photos are hell for those following these threads on their mobile devices or with a slower connection. :)

Steve.

• Like 2