Well now...:hmmm:

To paraphrase a wellknown british comedygroup:"And now to something completely different!" :D

My son asked me, if I would paint a couple of figures for him."Of course", I said "What are they?"

He then brought forth the figures shown beneath:

spacer.png

You will notice, that I have used the internationally yardstick of measurements, the Beer Capsule! :thumbsup: I also found it most appropriate to use this particular one here on Britmodeller. :winkgrin:

I must admit, that I have no knowledge of the game :shrug:, but have found some hi-res paintings online, that I will use as guides. :D

So please stay tuned - I'll be back! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 5

First things first! :D

I need something to hold the figures while painting the bases and I chose a good old veteran in this field: wooden clothespins! :thumbsup:

A little dab of white glue will hold the figures nicely, while I paint the bases.

spacer.png

I make these WIP as much for myself so when in ten years time I can look up just how I did it, in case I forget! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 6

...and now in COLOUR! :clap2:

spacer.png

I have airbrushed the figures in their individual colours - Void Warden in matt White, Hatchet and Demolitionist in  matt Red/Brown and Red Guard in ....well I guess you know! :winkgrin:

The pictures are as usual taken with my trusty old IPhone 5 (Yes they still do exits!! :o) so please forgive me for the missing focus! :blush:

Cheers until next time, where the painting continues - but this time with brush! :bye:

Hans J

• Like 1

The real painting has begun! :D

I've decided to start with the 'easy' one - Red Guard - as he is - well mostly red! :winkgrin:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The yellow is a reflection from the dinnertablelight. The lights at my workspace creates a stroboscopic effect that results in dark lines in the pictures, hence this solution. :blush:

I must also state, that this is only the first paintsession, I'm far from finished - yet! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 3

A somewhat smallish update and some rare behind the scenes look! :D

The Red Guard proceeds well - and I have now started to have a look at the shield - it's a start at least! :D

spacer.png

And the cape is almost done'ish! :D

spacer.png

Looks OK to me! :winkgrin:

Here's a rare look at my photosetup: :o

spacer.png

Yes I know - Very Hitech! :winkgrin:

And while all this is going on, our cat - Money Penny - MISS Money Penny - does this: :heart:

spacer.png

.....on that subject - would the movie Money Penny have a 00 status? She was after all allowed to shoot the bad guy on the train!(OK she hit 007, but anyway...?) :hmmm:

Hans J

• Like 4

....and while this was going on I've started on thr next figure: Hatchet! :D

At first I thought, that he was just different nuances of brown, but by closer examination of the reference I work from, I found that he is actually quite a colourfull chap! :D

He is wearing green and purple trousers and a yellow tunic underneath his brown cloak, so I'll be starting there.

spacer.png

Paint wasn't dry when the picture was taken , I was in such a hurry to show you, that I just couldn't wait! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

...and I'm back! :D

Hatchet is coming along beautifully and here are some pictures of where I'm at, at the moment:

spacer.pngspacer.png

He has received a dark'ish wash and some details have been enhanced with some darker brown. I know he's a bit glossy, but these figures will all receive a matt cote at the end! :winkgrin:

If you compare these pictures to the first one, you'll notice, that the yellow shirt has been reduced in size - a minor misjudgement on my behalf! :blush:

Hans J

• Like 3

On 4/12/2021 at 7:50 AM, HansReggelsen said:

.....on that subject - would the movie Money Penny have a 00 status? She was after all allowed to shoot the bad guy on the train!(OK she hit 007, but anyway...?) 

Perhaps a 'learner's permit' to kill, rather than an actual license.

Great work on the figures thus far!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It is a dark and - do I dare to say it - gloomy afternoon (:winkgrin:) and I'm going to call this one done (except the base - I'll finish them at the same time to keep them uniform! :D)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next up is the Void Warden! :D

Cheers until next time! :bye:

Hans J

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

...and here's next time! :D

I've made a start on Void Warden. It's the only one of the four who's eyes are visible, so please bare with me (not bear - that is something totally different :D )

spacer.png

She's about the same size as Hatchet.

Hans J

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Will Vale said:

Nice skin tone there, and props for doing the eyebrow as it makes a lot of difference to the face.

W

Thanks! :D

I blended the skintone from a little of brown, yellow, red and white!

You know the old saying: the eyes are the mirror of the soul! :winkgrin:

But I must admit that because the picture shows a blown-up version, it doesn't look as good in the picture as in real life! 

Hans J

• Like 1

This just so you don't think I've forgotten..! :winkgrin:

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is where I'm at, at the moment! :D The black stripings are a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I'm not done yet! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 4

On 5/8/2021 at 2:17 PM, HansReggelsen said:

Thanks! :D

I blended the skintone from a little of brown, yellow, red and white!

You know the old saying: the eyes are the mirror of the soul! :winkgrin:

But I must admit that because the picture shows a blown-up version, it doesn't look as good in the picture as in real life! 

Hans J

I wouldn't stress about it Hans. 

As I mentioned in a different thread, highly magnified photos are best used to spot and rectify glaring errors during the WIP stage. 

When figures are viewed from normal distances, most minor mistakes are generally imperceptible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And so it is thursday - or as I like to call it: the day where I was able to say:"Three down - one to go!" :D

Now the groundwork isn't done yet - I'll do them all at once to get at bit of continu...contani...!.....so they look alike! :winkgrin:

spacer.png

Next up is Demiloitionist! :thumbsup:

Cheers for now! :bye:

Hans J

• Like 3

I've been thinking and decided to finish off the three first ones - Red Guard, Hatchet and Void Warden. All these three now needs is a coat of varnish! :D

So without further ado:

spacer.png

I have other plans for the last one - Demolitionist! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 1

"This is not the end - it is not even the beginning of the end, but perhaps it is the end of the beginning"  - Winston Churchill

And here is my end of the beginning! :D The three first are finished together because of their similar bases - so I have given them a cote of  Revell Matt Varnish! :thumbsup:

spacer.png

Some 'beauty' shots will appear later when all four are finished! :winkgrin:

Cheers - for now! :bye:

Hans J

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

...and now:Demolitionist! :D

(On behalf of myself I must apologize for the poor quality of the photos :blush: - I still use my trusty old IPhone 5 and it is not up to the standard of the newer models, but for ther most time it's good enough - it's just that this model is quite small! :winkgrin:  )

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers for now! :bye:

Hans J

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Valdemarsday!  🇩🇰 This is the day when - according to history and myth - the danish flag - Dannebrog - fell from the sky to the danish King Valdemar during a battle in Estonia in 1219! 🇩🇰

The rest of this post has nothing to do with that, just thought I'd tell you! :D

Here's what's this's about:

spacer.png

Just need some more details and the base and it's done! At least as far as I can do it! :D

Hans J

• Like 2