Kinetic 1/48 Fiat G.91 Gina K48091

Stephen

Concerning this comment from Kinetic :

Thanks.

Emergency button is already build in our new product release workflow.

We will put another new item to replace the G91 schedule in 2021

I bet the first of a Kinetic 1/48 Mirage F-1 family of many kits is on approach before the end of 2021.

🙂

SharkOwl

• Like 1

Well done Kinetic,... that's the way to go. Little Gina has particularly vicious forms which require a deep study of the subject. Take your time and give us what she really deserves.

Actually there isn't a worthwhile kit of the Gina. Even Revell (Germany) missed her in some way in 1/72....and I won't talk about the Occidental kit in 1/48.

I wish you good luck with the forecoming job...

Give us a 1/48 Mirage F1 that is worth his name as, for now, there is only the good old Esci-Italeri that is worth as far as the general shape is concerned. If I remember correctly KH once produced blobs of plastic and called that the name of mirage.

• Like 4

Fair play to Kinetic to take the comments on board and do something about it. Commendable and unique behaviour, but (there’s always a but) I have to ponder with so much reference available, plenty of always willing experts to assist and Kinetic’s desire to produce accurate models, why get to this point with an announcement and within days have to announce a postponement?

1 hour ago, Filler said:

Fair play to Kinetic to take the comments on board and do something about it. Commendable and unique behaviour, but (there’s always a but) I have to ponder with so much reference available, plenty of always willing experts to assist and Kinetic’s desire to produce accurate models, why get to this point with an announcement and within days have to announce a postponement?

I'm guessing that they have only done the 3D model and haven't started breaking the model down in to parts yet.

So they probably announced it now to see what feedback they got and whether they can push ahead now or work more on the CAD model.

It's great that they are doing this and more companies should, though a little disappointing that they got some things wrong that you don't have to look at a picture of the real thing very long to see them, almost like they only built the model from drawings without reference to photos.

But I would prefer it this way than some of the companied that just do that and release a kit without taking feedback.

• Like 1

Nobody is perfect. Accidents and overlooking details still happen. It's human nature.
At least they are going to fix it. How many Trumpyboss kits have been redone?
So when they do finally release it. You can never have too many Tiger Meet aircraft. So bring it on!
What a beautiful scheme.
qHwez9K.jpg?1

• Like 8

18 hours ago, sinistervampire319 said:

So when they do finally release it. You can never have too many Tiger Meet aircraft. So bring it on!
What a beautiful scheme.
qHwez9K.jpg?1

My fave Tiger scheme, really suited it especially where the mouth is placed.

Also, well done to Kinetic for reworking the kit while in development.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2021 at 12:22 AM, dragonlanceHR said:

Translation: probably all cross-sections are wrong.

The real translation; the real surprise release was the A-10, but too many people guessed it and we don’t want to give out all those free kits.

To work around this announce the Fiat and then push it back to 2022. Release the A-10 in the next quarter.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

If they get it right then I’ll be building one of the two U.S.Army test aircraft.  

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/fiat-g-91-for-us-army.13327/

One detail often overlooked - there was a yellow "U.S. ARMY" on the starboard wing top.  There was also some kind of "U.S. ARMY" on the port wing bottom, but whether that was also yellow (probably) or some other color (not black) I can't say.  These are very difficult to discern and I'm unable to post directly to this site.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Scooby said:

The real translation; the real surprise release was the A-10, but too many people guessed it and we don’t want to give out all those free kits.

To work around this announce the Fiat and then push it back to 2022. Release the A-10 in the next quarter.

I've read some requests by well known modellers on FB, asking for detailed views and cross section drawings of G91. So maybe yes, they currently have only an external 3d rendition of the aircraft and the project is only in a preliminary concept phase.

I've guessed it right when Kinetic posted the riddle: I thought that it would be nice with the incoming restoration to flight condition of a real G91R, project led by Italian Air Force to celebrate her 100th birthday. And I hoped that some of the original blueprints had emerged from FIAT Aviazione drawers and arrived to kinetic model desk to help in designing process too. I lived near Treviso airbase, home of ItAF 2nd wing who operated a swarm of G91s. She's one of the first aircraft I've ever seen... But, You know, You may say I'm a dreamer, and I'm not the only one, I hope some day you'll join us, and the woooorld will live as one......

Edited by MARTEN75
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Did the G.91 serve in Portuguese Angola? 

According with the "Walkarounds/Portuguese Military Aviation" website (http://walkarounds-blog.blogspot.com/2015/02/fiat-g91.html), Ginas only served in Angola for a very short time, from late 1974 until January 1975, replacing the weary F-84Gs of Esquadra (Squadron) 93 at Luanda.

BR,

Rui 

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...