Kinetic 1/48 Fiat G.91 Gina K48091

Stephen

First boxing - ref. K48091 - Fiat G-91R/3/4 Gina
https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48091

The question is: do they also have a G-91T Tango in the pipe line?

800px-Fiat-G-91-T-1-Italy-Air-Force-AN08

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fiat_G-91T-1,_Italy_-_Air_Force_AN0854111.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wowwww what a great news

The Gina was always first on my wish list and the Alpha Jet second in 1:48 scale ( more than 25 years ), now my dream comes true, thats amazing.

I hadn't dared to plead for Gina on facebook because I just didn't think it possible that a manufacturer would take care of it. I have vote for a A-10 Thunderbolt like so many other modellers too.

Now i am sooooo happy, birthday and christmas at one day.................

This is a nice surprise as it is not decent kit in 1/48 

in the meantime. A few will find a home with me.

Samo/P.k

4 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

They will have to add parts for the PAN version used by the Frecce Tricolori. The pre-production models had a pointed nose. 

The Frecce also used a number of standard R later in their career with the Gina, so it is possible to build a recce nose aircraft in PAN livery. Of course it would have to be with the 4 MG and not the cannon armed Luftwaffe variant.

See for example this great site for pictures, in this page it's possible to see both pointed and standard noses in the same flightline.

https://www.alessandrozucchelli.it/rivoltoanni80-2.html

Said that, I do hope that a pointed nose will be offered by either Kinetic or the aftermarket, being able to build an early Frecce aircraft would be nice

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Kinetic are improving things based on feedback - 

https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/1843505629149873

Kineticmodel

2htSpolnsocrledi  · 

Hello dear friends,

First of all, thanks for the great support on G.91 announcement. We have more than 40.000 views over the video in FB and IG. It also, virally on the WhatsApp groups around the world.

But, Yesterday we receive this picture from a customer in Portugal. Kinetic is a worldwide company by essence, and every customer is important, since you guys most of the time help us with positive tips.

So, we tried to hear you always that is possible and we are committed with accuracy and decided to rework the wing root and leading edges to reach the correct shape. It should make we have some delay on the release o G.91. But it’s for a fair cause.

We will do it right. Kinetic Model Gold Series is about that, quality, accuracy, technology and fair prices. Thanks a lot for your support and positive tips.

Have a nice day...

Original image is from Drewe Manton

167623708_1843501012483668_6985718109473

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There isn't that much of a wing fillet/blend, just a butt-joint. So the re-design shouldn't be too difficult. You need to observe plastic material thicknesses though and maybe put the upper/lower surface split away from the leading edge...

J

2 minutes ago, dragonlanceHR said:

But, but, some people tell us there is no point in criticizing a kit in the CAD stage./sarcasm

Comments are worth it if the manufacturer listens and acts on information received. Many don't but it seems Kinetic do. Timing is important putting CADs up when the kit is being produced or making observations days/weeks after the reveal is no use to anybody.

As the linked posts show it went from 'I think there's something wrong' to 'here is the correct information' to red flag CAD redesign in a very few hours. Result is casual model-makers get the kit a touch later, enthusiasts get a more accurate kit, manufacturer gets more sales, after market gets a bigger market. All win.

Based on Kinetics releases recently I think a couple of boxings will follow for the single seater and possibly the two-seater as well. It's a good looking plane in either form so hopefully it will sell well.

• Like 2

Gents, I beg your pardon but I've a question...

Why there are two Naca air scoops on the right side of the nose just behind the camera glass? (The first picture of this topic)

IIRC there's just one...

Here an example.

Could be a special version? Or it's a simple mistake...

Thanks in advance...

Ciao.

Davide

5 minutes ago, davmarx said:

Gents, I beg your pardon but I've a question...

Why there are two Naca air scoops on the right side of the nose just behind the camera glass? (The first picture of this topic)

IIRC there's just one...

Here an example.

Could be a special version? Or it's a simple mistake...

Thanks in advance...

Ciao.

Davide

If you look in the link I've posted some one has already questioned the two NACA ducts and Kinetic are looking into it.

168285204_10225548351044813_652918773248

• Thanks 2

On the two ducts at least it looks like the bottom of the two is aligned properly such that you could fill the top one and you should be OK.  It would be worse if neither were usable.  And everywhere I look I only see pictures of the sole duct.  I will give them the benefit of the doubt that there must be a version of this aircraft they looked at with the two ducts but its a mystery.  Anyway if nothing else a plug would work that would help when you putty it over.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, madcop said:

Well gents this all seem to be details compared to the overall shape of the fuselage....Fat and Square. I may be wrong of course.

Get some good photos that show that and let them know then, I'm sure they will look at it.

But comparing it to the real thing it does maybe look a little slab sided.

See

Luftwaffe_Museum_Fiat_G91_2007.jpg

167880904_1842832992550470_1528747254667

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

But comparing it to the real thing it does maybe look a little slab sided.

The comparison of the two images does through a difference of lighting into it. The actual aircraft is full sunshine of a mid day shot while the CAD is softly lit which slightly alters appearances to the eye, or mine at least. Would need some more views with similar lighting, but I will happily wait until more is provided by Kinetic. I own and love their F-104 kit so I'm not overly worried at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

The comparison of the two images does through a difference of lighting into it. The actual aircraft is full sunshine of a mid day shot while the CAD is softly lit which slightly alters appearances to the eye, or mine at least. Would need some more views with similar lighting, but I will happily wait until more is provided by Kinetic. I own and love their F-104 kit so I'm not overly worried at this point.

Very true, the flat look of the CAD image makes it hard to be sure.

Always thought the G-91’s were obscure attractive little jets back in the day, remember seeing them at Leuchars airshows and also low level other my home village on one occasion. Quite a lot of awkward curves and details for the CAD designers to get right on such a small fuselage!

I’ll be getting one, will look good sat next to my nearly complete Kinetic TF-104G in the Norm 63 scheme!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=130654262290864

Kinetic Gina project postponed to 2022.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1845664555600647&id=129238860576567

Concerned about always offering the best quality and the highest level of accuracy, we at Kinetic Model announce the postponement of the release of the 1/48th scale G.91 Gina project to 2022. Let's not only reevaluate the CAD project, but start a new one, with more detail and information to have a 100% accurate model. That's our commitment and what our customers deserve.

169258680-1845661928934243-8127881416156

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting comment from Kinetic (Raymond??) in the G-91 postponement thread on FB:

Thanks. Emergency button is already build in our new product release workflow. We will put another new item to replace the G91 schedule in 2021