P-40N A29-1021 “Hep Cat” 75 Squadron RAAF 1945

Hello everyone ... One of three builds done for the ANZAC group build. It is the 1/72 Hasegawa kit of the P-40N. It represents A29-1021 “Hep-Cat” of 75 Squadron circa 1945. quHGXsL.jpg

DApziEt.jpg

frtkj3z.jpg

rLJW6bE.jpg

X0icq3p.jpg

ouRbxYm.jpg

89Ta980.jpg

Umd2mpn.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions or post comments. Please feel free to visit the group build and see all of the work, or my build thread. 

Dennis

• Like 16

Very nice!  Did you airbrush the dark green splotches around the wings and tailplane?

I always loved the looks of the P-40K and N.  I understand the N was the ultimate version, and it's amazing to think it made it this far in the war, given the design's limitations.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Very nice!  Did you airbrush the dark green splotches around the wings and tailplane?

I always loved the looks of the P-40K and N.  I understand the N was the ultimate version, and it's amazing to think it made it this far in the war, given the design's limitations.

Thank you... Yes they're all airbrushed, the N is probably my favorite unless you include the Q. Ive always wanted to do a Reno racer based on either an N or Q someday. Maybe if the WHIF build gets through for next year. Im designing a set of custom decals for a P-40N that Ive actually sat in, it belonged to a former WASP pilot until she passed. She and her husband owned and operated the Kalamazoo air zoo. They used to perform in many types of warbirds in the 70’s and 80’s. 

• Like 1