1:72 Sword Hawker Siddeley Harrier T.4 "VAAC"

I've said it before Bill but that's just lovely!

Would look really eyecatching in a line up of other grey, green & grey/ green Harriers.... if you're thinking of building the family 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Super build, looks great, always had a hankering to build this one since seeing it as Cosford

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

I will finish it one day because I hate to be beaten....

That's the spirit!     😀

3 hours ago, DougC said:

Would look really eyecatching in a line up of other grey, green & grey/ green Harriers.... if you're thinking of building the family 😁

Here's what I have so far...

IMG_5775

The Airfix GR.1, GR.3, GR.9, the Hasegawa GR.7, and the Special Hobby FA.2 are waiting in the wings. The FA.2 will be another kitbash, as it has some significant problems (although not as bad as the Airfix attempt). Luckily, SH seems to have "based" the FA.2 kit on the Hasegawa FRS.1 which means I can use the Hasegawa wings with some minor modifications. The SH wings have no vortex generators. It should be an interesting project, and not unlike the Fujimi/Hasegawa FRS.1 kitbash shown in the above photo. When I get around to building the FA.2, I will probably go for the fancy blue paint scheme just so I can put the big FLY NAVY stickers on the underside of the wings.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 7

On 02/04/2021 at 13:17, Terry1954 said:

A stunning looking T4 Bill, and a very nice looking FRS.1.

Thanks Terry. Although I was kind of hoping they would both be stunning...     :drunk:

On 02/04/2021 at 16:36, stevehnz said:

Great job on that Bill, it looks spectacular in that scheme. :)

She really does, doesn't she? I still like Extra Dark Sea Grey, but these Raspberry Ripple and display/anniversary scheme birds are really floating my boat right now.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, perdu said:

Oh Bill aren't they both lovely but Ripple has always rocked my boat and yours is tremendous.

Red white and blue, any day from you.

Thanks Bill! My next project is just blue and white, sorry. But this Harrier won't be my last Ripple - there is a Phantom lurking in the stash!    :)

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Congratulations Bill !!

Another wonderfull little gem for your collection !!

Great conversion done !!

I'm amazed !!

Thanks - I'm amazed myself. I was a bit worried about getting that masking done right. I think she's fairly close.

6 hours ago, JagRigger said:

Saw this in the hangar at Boscombe back in the 90's when i was down on a Jaguar upgrade visit. You have done a great job capturing the look of the real aircraft.

Another lucky one! I'm really jealous of you guys. We rarely see British aircraft over here (other than the WWII warbirds). I was fortunate to see the Vulcan at Dayton back in the 80s I think. I actually have a movie from that airshow that I shot on 8mm film. Yes, I am that old. I should probably have that digitized, although I don't know the lifespan of the film.

Happy Easter!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Although I was kind of hoping they would both be stunning...  

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But of course they are, what was I thinking!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a stunning build. Simply beautiful model. Having just finished a Sword T10, and having two Sword T2/T4s in the loft, it's inspiring to see... and you have my respect on getting the darn thing to fit together!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NG899 said:

Drop me a PM with your email in and I’ll send you some photos of the extra aerials 175 had in some odd places.

Incoming. Thanks!

Cheers,

Bill