A-4F VA-55 USS Hancock - Nam 1972 - Hasegawa 1/48

basket

7 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Merde! Good use of the yellow traitor to make a sculpture of itself, 10 out of 10 for originality.

Your nachtjager Skyhawk does look very good though and I am sure that you will be back on track very soon. En avant, mon ami!

As you said , in french ! :giggle:

I'm already going forward , and the scooter is actually back on track , thanks to blutak !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andwil said:

Coming along nicely M. Basquet!

AW

Yessir !

I'm very pleased with the grey which sports more tone variations in the flesh than on pics , and it's also warmer.

Tomorrow = unmasking !!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, modelling minion said:

The grey does look very good Remy, and you can see the variations in it's tone.

Good to see that the proper Blu-Tak has worked as it should, unlike that treacherous yellow stuff!

:thanks:   , unmasking tonight !

• Like 1

Good morning , afternoon , evening  ... whatsoever ... you all !  :bye:

Masks removed and I'm really happy with the global result .

Tone variations disappear a bit under the bright light but  I like the aesthetic look of thoses  pics.  :innocent:

21040409251817732317350241.jpg

21040409251717732317350240.jpg

21040409251717732317350239.jpg

Thanks for your visits .  :happy:

• Like 11

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That looks great Remy, your masking worked very well.

I like how the red slat area stands out from the grey and white camouflage, a very nice contrast.

Thanks , masking worked perfecty  .

But ...  I did a small mistake : I masked with Mig blue tape and pressed the contact surface like a crazy fool , as I did for the engraving job  !!!!

I was talking with Emily at the same time ... he/she wanted some advices about her new Mary Poppins umbrella .... :think: , no doubt I was confused enough to switch from a masking process to a engraving one !!!!

Anyway ... white paint was torn off in 2 tiny places ... listening to a friend with kindness can be dangerous sometimes :giggle:

5 hours ago, Fabrice Simon said:

Yes, a very fine work indeed, and all the more deserving when you know, as I do, the handicaps from which Mr Basket suffers.

Yes Emily ... thank you .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, basket said:

listening to a friend with kindness can be dangerous sometimes :giggle:

A lesson learned there Remy, sometimes our kindness can come back and bite us. Though I am surprised that "Emily" was asking you for advice on a Mary Poppins umbrella, perhaps you know more about this subject than you would have us believe.......🤔☂️

• Haha 1

as a close friend of Emily's, i would like to inform the audience that her collection of umbrellas is as extensive as my dear Basket's psychomotor problems, and that the horrific errors in her A-4 paint job are only due to a chronic lack of attention and accuracy compounded by aggravated alcoholism.

If any revelations are lacking in the information of the excellent assembly, I propose to remedy them shortly

• Haha 1

As i said previuosly, many things need to be revealed about the obsequious Mr. Basket, the first of which is his compulsive xenophobia about anything remotely related to beautiful England and its no less beautiful people.

Is he of Corsican origin? an ex-international rugby player? a young virgin hearing voices?

If all the hypotheses are probable (especially the last one), many testimonies attest to this sick anglophobia.

Here are some of them reported by reliable people :

temoin10.jpg

no the old bitch is not the way to talk about our gracious majesty

temoin11.jpg

Are you sure that Rosbeef is not insulting?

temoin12.jpg

no the UN Security Council cannot force the whole world to eat frogs once a week

if that's not proof! and you will notice that there are many witnesses to this infamy. so many witnesses to so much outrage and outrageous malice !

the fact is that I have rarely seen such obvious deceit in reading the sinister character's deceptively sympathetic posts and I wouldn't be surprised if the rare successes of his A-4 were the work of an English modeller held prisoner in the rat-infested cellar of Mr. Basket's hovel (rat infestation is a local specialty, the people of Marseilles call it "having one's lunch on hand") (it's the truth) (I have witnesses...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well ... what to say ?

I can just repeat what I wrote on Mr Fabrice's topic :

Calm down Fabrice,  no need to get upset .

Did you take your pills ?

If you didn't , the gentlemen in white blouse will come back ...

... and you will have to put on their single sleeved shirt ...

Calm down my dear friend ...

Emily will be back tomorrow at 7:00 p.m. 

And , I would also say that your pathetic witnesses look ... fake ... no doubt you didn't pass your Photoshop exam  !!! :giggle:

And to say a word about  the UK ...

" God save the Queen " ! :king:

... and thank you fellow Brits for giving to the Humanity the following blessings : The rolling Stones , Winston Churchill , Bowie , Led Zep , The Monthy Pythons , Little Britain , 007  ...  just to quote a few  ... and above all Britmodeller.com

... and  the most hilarious commercial  ever broadcasted ...

Fabrice , who is equally found of Mary Poppins and Unicorns  has been watching it for a whole week-end ...

See you guys !!!!

• Haha 3

Good morning , afternoon , evening  ... whatsoever ... you all !

Re-re-re-re-working in progress .... you wil have to believe me : the thing behind the postits , masking tape , papertowels and blu tack is the A-4 .

20210411.jpg

I know , this image can hurt the most sensitive of you , sorry !!!! :giggle:

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing what has to be the strangest advert I have ever seen in my life, very funny.

Interesting picture of the blu-tak and masking, I am sure I can see a little bit of Skyhawk in there somewhere.

Now off to order a squatty potty, don't know how I have managed all these years without one!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

Nice Blob of BlueTac and Tape ! 

Everything is looking great so far  :) , great modelling skills ! 

A real monster .... Elephant Skyhawk !!!

Thx for your kind words .

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks for sharing what has to be the strangest advert I have ever seen in my life, very funny.

Interesting picture of the blu-tak and masking, I am sure I can see a little bit of Skyhawk in there somewhere.

Now off to order a squatty potty, don't know how I have managed all these years without one!

You're welcome ! :giggle:

Your life will change !!! :winkgrin: , or your guts life at least !

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, basket said:

You're welcome ! :giggle:

Your life will change !!! :winkgrin: , or your guts life at least !

Hi !

And you may also be interested by this essential complement to the squatty potty ...

Next post will be about the A-4 , I promise !!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Where do you find this stuff!! The adverts, not the unicorn farts.

Simple !

Request in youtube to find the link to insert the advert in the previous post ( not seen for years but still in my mind as the most genious - yes genious -  advertisement ever produced ) , and I had the surprise to discover the new one !!!

Cheers .

• Like 1