A-4F VA-55 USS Hancock - Nam 1972 - Hasegawa 1/48

basket

18 hours ago, basket said:

Thx for your appreciation ! :thanks:

About the thread directions :drunk:.... it's common for me .... considerring that I usually post on forums to share tips , experiences and TO HAVE FUN !

This problem of misdirection is a constant in any activity in which Mr Basket is involved. It is so "comon to (me) him" as he himself admits...

Thus, for example, a simple innocent walk can turn into a perilous adventure.

But, and I ask you, where is the harm in taking a quiet walk with a different person?  Of course, it is clear that his uncontrolled drooling can take on frightening dimensions at first, as well as his clear propensity to hand out warm (and wet) hugs to the first person he meets.
But the fact that, since some unfortunate misunderstandings with honourable and elderly representatives of the so-called weaker sex, he is kept on a leash should spare us the orions of those around.

So let us not be too severe and appreciate the achievements of our dear friend when he is locked in his studio.

But let's not dwell on the "TO HAVE FUN" concept. Indeed, what Mr. Basket means by this may have caused him serious legal problems when practiced as he claims in public and frantically.

yours truly

Fabrice

• Haha 2

Good morning , afternoon , evening  ... whatsoever ... you all ! 

Well .... I finally decided to put some tamiya putty on 3 different places , sanded , micromeshed  ... and then  I reprimed the lips ...

Have a look to the little scooter while it's gently drying ... Tamiya tape is there to prevent the scooter from scratching its ears ... :drunk:

21050201174717732317397926.jpg

Then gull gray again ... finally I managed to retrieve the effects and it's even a little bit darker , which is better for me.

21050201174717732317397927.jpg

Next step : gloss coat and decalling !!!

Feel free to comment , discuss , have a drink , bring your pets  or just have fun !!!

• Like 7

ALC600 aqua gloss clear on the whole beast.

There are few flaws  which are my fault.

I am learning to use this product which is great !!!

21050804504917732317407740.jpg

Tomorrow I will start decalling !

Cheers !

• Like 8

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

That looks like a very nice and shiny gloss coat Remy, the decals should go on that nicely.

:thanks: but with Haseg decals ... you never know .:think:

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 7:53 PM, basket said:

:thanks: but with Haseg decals .. you never know .:think:

Salut Remy,

this convoluted build is nearing completion, and it is looking fantastic, even without any decals. Great show!

I have never had any problem with Hasegawa decals, bar for the white, which is not quite white...

I cannot say the same about Academy decals... Shame.

Have fun!

JR

21 hours ago, jean said:

Salut Remy,

this convoluted build is nearing completion, and it is looking fantastic, even without any decals. Great show!

I have never had any problem with Hasegawa decals, bar for the white, which is not quite white...

I cannot say the same about Academy decals... Shame.

Have fun!

JR

Thx JR .

Got some troubles with decals in weapon set A and with an F-4E , too old I guess .

• Like 1

A few hours for modelling during this week-end but decalling is progressing :

21051611404017732317420539.jpg

Thanks for passing by ! :bye:

• Like 10

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Good to see the decals going on Remy.

They look like they are going on nicely too, and they certainly bring some extra colour to the grey and white scheme.

Truly it does . The trick now will be avoid a toyish looking scooter. 

• Like 1

So ... decalling lasted for ages ....because these are decals a bit old and thick and some incomprehensibly do not react, but not at all to microsol .

And , in addition to that, having photos of the real aircraft, I modified the location of certain things, so I had to cut and take marks to put all that back in the right places and I took the opportunity to cut out as many decals as possible.

There is still some touch up paint to do and also a fierce work with Tamiya extra strong decal softener   , anyway  it has received its livery afterall .

21052302331317732317429349.jpg

Sorry for the ugly pics , but I absolutely wanted to show you the bird tonight. See you soon for the rest .

• Like 9

Just now, modelling minion said:

Those decals really do make for a very colourful scheme, even if they were a pain to get on.

I am very pleased to see that you look to be well on track for the end of the GB in two weeks time.

Thanks mate , but considerring that my bird was roughly over the 25% rule , I can't qualify for the final vote . That's not a problem anyway .;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Actually I think that you were below the 25% mark, and it's my GB!

Very well . I'll rush to pass the cut ... hopefully !

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, modelling minion said:

It certainly has been worth the wait Remy, she is looking fantastic. Please keep the updates coming as I am very interested in seeing her finished. 

Thx , of course I will !

• Like 1