A-4F VA-55 USS Hancock - Nam 1972 - Hasegawa 1/48

basket

6 hours ago, Fabrice Simon said:

somme of us have very curious things in their mind...

Undoubtedly Emily !!!

Oooops !!!!   .... undoubtedly ....  Fabrice ... ( I forgot it's no more the WE ... Emily is gone till next friday ... ) 

... curious things in their mind ... you're surely a good example my friend  ... not to mention your previous post ... totally amazing   :hmmm:.... for a guy who binge watches for a whole week-end a unicorn with a vacuum cleaner hose in the butt ... :giggle:

• Haha 1

I do love the under work for the paint job on this one.....plus the underside does look really nice......... and the rest of the posts... just bonkers....... and I feel it...... 🤪

This is on my must follow list...... for reasons I can't just say........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

No, for once you are completely innocent. Makes a change doesn't it.

I wouldn't let him off the hook that easily.  He may not have been on the front line.....but I wouldn't be surprised if he was pulling some strings behind the scenes.  :blink2:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, zebra said:

I haven't been keeping up with this build. The Skyhawk's looking great but the build thread has gone off in some directions I wasn't expecting!

Thx for your appreciation ! :thanks:

About the thread directions :drunk:.... it's common for me .... considerring that I usually post on forums to share tips , experiences and TO HAVE FUN !

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, trickyrich said:

.... and don't blame me!! :D

No one 's blaming any one ...except me  blaming myself about my stupidity about the phasing of this build ...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That is the Giggling Academy that the group build section is. 

Exactly !!! Thanks !!! Have fun mate !!!

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

No, for once you are completely innocent. Makes a change doesn't it.

' course it does !!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

I wouldn't let him off the hook that easily.  He may not have been on the front line.....but I wouldn't be surprised if he was pulling some strings behind the scenes.  :blink2:

Thinking about it .... maybe ...:hmmm::giggle:

• Haha 2

Hi all !

:thanks: for your numerous visits and comments , that's exactly the way I like a topic to live !!! ;)

It's time to reveal my real nature I 'm desperately stupid :chair:... because ...

I naively thought that precise and numerous adjustments before painting would guarantee a carefree assembly of the lips of the air intakes while facilitating their internal painting.

Craig (  I believe it was Craig )   alerted  me about the risks of this phasing   ... but I had confidence in myself ...

Serious mistake .... the internal painting is ok , but the external profiles of both intakes are not flush ... :rant::wall:

Unbelievable .... but after thinking about it , I decided to go back to the sanding step ...

a4_lev10.jpg

• Sad 1

I had really hoped that your intake lips would be a much better fit than mine Remy and was sure that with the care you have been taking that they would be. At least you didn't have to remove too big an area of paint to get them smoothed into shape and knowing how fast and good you are at the building and painting game I am sure that she will look just as good as she did earlier very soon.

7 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I had really hoped that your intake lips would be a much better fit than mine Remy and was sure that with the care you have been taking that they would be. At least you didn't have to remove too big an area of paint to get them smoothed into shape and knowing how fast and good you are at the building and painting game I am sure that she will look just as good as she did earlier very soon.

Thanks pal ! My mojo is still alive ... ;)

• Like 1

I had the same fit issues with both of mine.....though I forgot about them on my A-4K.... did all the painting them found they fitted quite badly.... oh well!! :doh:

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I had the same fit issues with both of mine.....though I forgot about them on my A-4K.... did all the painting them found they fitted quite badly.... oh well!! :doh:

And what about the learning curve ? ;)

Just checked yours , it's hardly dicernable .

• Thanks 1