Aston Martin DB4 GT

Airfix kit, built OOB. Nah - only joking. Body cut mid-door and at the boot lid, sectioned and re-glued. Wire wheels by Pendle Slot Racing, decals by Le Mans Decals. Various other scratch-built additions such as scoops, headlamp covers, seats, bug deflector etc. Panel lines scribed, painted Zero Paints Aston Le Mans '59 Green.

b2 (2)

b1 (1)

b3

b5

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Thought I'd already commented on this, sorry. :( The decals really do bring it to life, it is stunning. I wouldn't have mind a photo or two from a lower aspect though, all the better to appreciate its lines. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Thought I'd already commented on this, sorry. :( The decals really do bring it to life, it is stunning. I wouldn't have mind a photo or two from a lower aspect though, all the better to appreciate its lines. :)

Steve.

Fair point Steve: I'll look into it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kitkent said:

A fabulous result all round,and it’s a Le Mans car! Chris.

It's pretty much my mantra: if it's a vehicle, it has to be a racer. Not necessarily Le Mans, but it's often the case that common road cars have an obscure connection with that race.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2021 at 20:00, Fnick said:

Stunning build! Roses do grow from mud after all.

Nick

As demonstrated here, they grow even better in mud which comes from the back end of an animal...

Lovely bit of cutting and carving to produce this by Sabrejet - well done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Absolutely wonderful replica 👍

I don't know how to translate this French appreciation: "Elle fait plus vraie que la vraie"....literally "It looks more authentic than the original" ?

Congratulations :)

• Like 1