Matchbox 1/76 Stuart/Honey

Afternoon all,

Firstly I need to post a health warning for my friend @Andy J who has already almost had a fainting fit today as I've already posted an RFI in the aircraft & cars section - you may want to sit down mate as here's the third!

This is my first posting in the armour section of BM after 14 years, so be gentle, eh....?! :)

Anyway, as I had the camera out yesterday to take pics of the recently completed kits posted in rfi today I thought I'd also get some of older builds that I never got round to photographing, this being one. And I must apologise for the quality of the pics as both my 'good' cameras have packed up and the remaining Canon point and shot was really struggling to focus on something this small (& the macro setting just wouldn't work for some reason)

This little beast was built for a club competition a few years back with the theme of Matchbox kits - and I have to say that it was one of the most fun builds I'd had for a very long time. I did some daft stuff like making headlight guards from scrap p.e. fret, drilled out the gun barrels, made new wire tow hooks and opened the vision slots etc. Painted with AK real colours (IIRC) in a 'hypothetical' scheme based on the recent Airfix 1/35th scale kit's box art, but without the 'purple' blotches, as I didn't fancy masking for the Caunter scheme! Can't remember how I weathered it but possibly Tamiya brown panel line wash and pigments. Oh, and during the build  I lost the commander's M.G. so kit bashed a caricature of it from a white metal one of unknown origin from the spares box!

Thanks for looking!

Keith

• Like 32

That's a little beauty Keith! The headlight guards- yep, daft, but good result. 😀

It's one Matchbox armour kit I never built. If Revell do another re-pop then that will change.

Ian

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on a beautiful model, you would never  believe that is the matchbox kit ,your improvements have made a great difference. 

The painting and weathering are very realistic, well done 👏

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...