22 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

too many real world issue’s lately and I havent done anything in a week. 

I know that feeling, Dennis ;)

• Like 1

On 06/05/2021 at 14:29, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hopefully I will be able to get back to my desk soon, too many real world issue’s lately and I havent done anything in a week. 

A feeling I know well Dennis, hopefully that will change soon.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Wez Im sorry to say I will need to withdraw from the groupbuild. Unfortunately between family and Health issues I can no longer continue modeling at this time. I will visit as often to follow builds and finish up the ANZAC build I’m running. If anyone has questions they can D/M me for more details, I’d rather not openly discuss them.

Dennis

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Wez Im sorry to say I will need to withdraw from the groupbuild. Unfortunately between family and Health issues I can no longer continue modeling at this time. I will visit as often to follow builds and finish up the ANZAC build I’m running. If anyone has questions they can D/M me for more details, I’d rather not openly discuss them.

Dennis

Dennis,

As John says, sorry to hear this but this is only a hobby and health and family come first and foremost.

Hope all is resolved soon and you can get back to the bench.

• Thanks 1

Good morning Dennis 

As John and Dennis said I am sorry to hear that but health and family are the most important thing ...

I hope that everything will be resolved soon and that you will be able to come back to  modelling soon ..

Take care 

Patrice 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Dennis

I'm really sorry to hear about your problems, Dennis. There's no explanation needed, just take care of yourself, your family and those around you.

Martin

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Well Its been a long tome coming but finally able to re-start work on this. @Mike or @Enzo Matrix any chance this can be moved to the regular aviation work in progress ? 

I was able to spray the belly the light grey tonight.
ucpJtIw.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow or Monday I can do the sand/yellow camouflage base. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I was able to spray the belly the light grey tonight.

And a very find job you have done on that!

I'll pick up on this build as I do love a Texan/Havard and especially like that Spanish finish.

Terry

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

This is a  snazzy little Texan here, Dennis! I've often been tempted by the Squadron boxing, but managed to hold firm. How do you like the kit so far?

Being the academy plastic its not a bad kit, the boxing comes with two kits and will most likely do the 2nd as a USAF Korean war or Israeli Texan. 

34 minutes ago, LDSModeller said:

Hi Dennis,

Just caught up on your build, the scheme you have chosen, looks really nice,

quite like it :thumbsup:

Look forward to with the finished goods

Regards

Alan

Thanks I chose this scheme as mentioned in the group build chat thread where this was started. There used to be one only a mile away from my house and I always liked the looks of a Spanish Texan. 

Well executed, the colors look good. !!!!

By the way, the Spanish call this type of camouflage "lagarto", not "lagartija".

Andrés S.

P.C- I have read in previous posts some kind of illness, I sincerely hope that you have fully recovered.

P.C (2).- The F-86 was not used in the Ifni conflict because it was stipulated by the conditions under which the US sold the planes.
That was one of the reasons why, after having the F-104 and the Phantom in service in the Air Force, it was decided in the mid-70s to acquire the Mirage III and the Mirage F-1, and after acquiring the F- 18 definitively join the European initiatives Eurofigther and the future European 5th generation fighter plane. The truth is, it doesn't make much sense to buy a type of aircraft when it is prevented from being used when necessary ...

Edited by Andrés S.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

That Camouflage is superb Dennis. Sorry if I missed it but what colours are those and what type of airbrush did you use. It is really impressive.

Terry

I used the Bulkhead Grey and Green drab from this Italian camouflage set by Hataka. Not 100% accurate but they looked right to my old Mk.I’s 👀.

https://www.hataka-hobby.com/HTK-CS103-WW2-Italian-Air-Force-Paint-set-vol1

The desert yellow is a mix of Tamiya paints. 4 parts XF-60 Dark yellow to 1 part XF-03 flat yellow. Again looking at original period color photo’s taken this looked to make a good match. Finally the Dk.Earth color is Gunze Mr.Color not sure about the # as Im not near my desk. The airbrush(s) are Iwata’s, for the detail work (green/earth) I used the .2 HP-B+. Otherwise its my Iwata .35 Neo. The .2 HP-B+ has a control to tighten your spray pattern to a extra fine line. This allows me to outline the space I want to color, then I can open it up to fill in the space. This minimizes overspray to a very large degree. Its also quite nice if you do a large # of German aircraft as it allows for mottling with great ease. I hope that helps in case you go this route.

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Procopius said:

Very nice airbrushing, Dennis! Freehand?

Thank you Yes I cant say enough good things about my Iwata .2 that I got from @Cookenbacher. That thing is one of the best A/B’s I’ve ever used. I can zero it down do a very tight line minimizing overspray. Once that part is done I can go back and fill it all in, just by opening up the nozzle a little to get a broader spray pattern. 

• Like 2