Emergency! GB - push the emergency button and vote!

zebra

52 minutes ago, zebra said:

Just had to google this but yes, if you're depicting the actual emergency in the TV show it would count. So go and vote! It might be too little too late though, unless you've got another 30 mates you can persuade to come along and vote for the GB as well.

It's a little disappointing that we haven't done better in the bunfight - I guess it was always a bit of a long shot - it would be nice to think that amongst all the GBs full of things that kill people we could have one for rescuing people. Maybe I should try appealing to everyone's sense of shame!

I’m new to this and didn’t realize the deadline had passed - next year for sure! It’s not like I lack project ideas or kits ready to go in the meantime…

• 4 months later...

So seeing as how the Second world war was dubbed the emergency in Ireland does that mean we can build any WW2 stuff :)

I think I already know the answer, you can add me to the list, I'm thinking along the lines of an air ambulance. 

Actually now that I think of it I do have a police helicopter in the stash I think it comes with a motorcycle and figures too, hmm

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 11:03 AM, zebra said:

You're all in

Not familiar with this, is it a SAR squadron?  5th  Emergency  Rescue  Squadron   based  at Boxted ,they few war weary P47D  

That's right at the boundary of what I was going for, if not a bit beyond, but it's kind of fun so I'll allow it!

Just don't build it in the setting in the photo - putting it in front of a Priory sign is in really poor taste! Now that particular Priory is a psychiatric hospital (and my Dad worked there, briefly, in the 60s - there were still patients there with shellshock from the First World War) but the name is more commonly associated with rehab clinics, and it can't be a coincidence that they've taken the photo in a way that makes it look like they're delivering booze to a rehab clinic. Can't blame them for banning the advert!

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I do have the ancient Airfix Emergency set and Heather did kindly send me a replacement set of wheels for the fire tender - which is of course totally wrong but I do have the appropriate plans to perhaps correct it.

Count me in.

Pete

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2021 at 11:23 AM, theplasticsurgeon said:

That was the Airfix airfield rescue set. 

On opening to consider Princess Elizabeth's ambulance for the Platinum Jubilee Groupbuild - it was found to be significantly missing of parts.   

With nothing else appropriate to build, I'm going to have to withdraw my support.

I think you've got enough support to reach the Bunfight without me, so wishing you all the best of luck.

My support to this GB was withdrawn last year.  No eligible kit then or now, but my name is still on the headcount list.

Sadly that decrements the headcount to 29, until someone else steps forward - not ready for the bunfight.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had been in two minds about whether I want to host a GB next year - I've been ridiculously busy at work at the same time as the Canadian GB was running and didn't have the energy for it that I'd have liked to. But what the heck, I'd love to see this GB happen, so come on people, get voting!

• Like 2