Emergency! GB - push the emergency button and vote!

zebra

On 5/24/2021 at 11:49 AM, bianfuxia said:

I'm sure I can rustle up something for this GB. 

At the very least, I doubt I will have build this by then, so it'll be a good motivation to try:

120489-11185-58-pristine.jpg

Been sitting in my stash for years.

Fantastic, really like the look of that! You’re on the list

On 5/24/2021 at 2:24 PM, helios16v said:

I'd be interested with probably a SAR helo.  

Thanks, you’re on the list

• zebra changed the title to Emergency! GB - at 13

I'm ready!  I can do a 1/48 Hemet Valley TBM water bomber from a Revell TBF and an LSM conversion. My 2nd choice would be an RPM 1/48 WWI-era Model T ambulance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dnl42 said:

I'm ready!  I can do a 1/48 Hemet Valley TBM water bomber from a Revell TBF and an LSM conversion. My 2nd choice would be an RPM 1/48 WWI-era Model T ambulance. 

Two great choices! You're on the list

• zebra changed the title to Emergency! GB - at 14
7 hours ago, helios16v said:

How do you feel about equipment like tow trucks and military recovery vehicles?

They’d fit the bill. I’m applying a pretty broad definition of emergency!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I had planned to go to the Unarmed GB with these, but they lost the race for a pair of Chevys. These should fit the emergency theme even better, so please add me to the list 😉

2021-02-20_04-39-01

V-P

5 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Count me in, either a MERT Chinook or RAF SAR Sea King.

Great choices, you’re both on the list

• zebra changed the title to Emergency! GB - at 16
  • zebra changed the title to Emergency! GB - at 17
  • 3 months later...
On 9/27/2021 at 12:44 AM, Bandsaw Steve said:

Great idea for GB.

Would an ocean-liner (I.e. not a dedicated rescue vessel) that stops to pick up survivors from a disaster or battle be permitted?

Good idea, I like it. I think anything that isn't an obvious fit but can be shown to have been involved in an actual emergency, like an ocean-liner that picked up survivors, would count. Shall I add you to the list?

• Thanks 1

Yep - right. I’m a slow builder though (and will be scratchbuilding) so might not finish in time. 
I don’t generally do group builds but have long thought that ‘lifesavers’ (things and people that save lives) would be a great theme so I feel compelled to support this initiative.

Put me on the list!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Yep - right. I’m a slow builder though (and will be scratchbuilding) so might not finish in time. 
I don’t generally do group builds but have long thought that ‘lifesavers’ (things and people that save lives) would be a great theme so I feel compelled to support this initiative.

Put me on the list!

You're on the list, and I'll add something to the rules to allow your suggestion

5 hours ago, Jb65rams said:

I’m in, got ICM’s ZiL-131 Emergency Truck in the stash. Or maybe depending on timing Airfix’s Austin K2/Y Ambulance which I have on back order.

Thanks, you're on the list

• Thanks 1

• zebra changed the title to Emergency! GB - at 19
  • zebra changed the title to Emergency! GB - at 20

This looks like the ideal chance to build my Airfix RAF Emergency Set, so please add me to the illustrious list of existing participants. 

Did Airfix ever get round to releasing their 1/35 Austin K2 "Katie" ambulance  ?

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Did Airfix ever get round to releasing their 1/35 Austin K2 "Katie" ambulance  ?

I've had it on pre-order since it was announced. Currently it looks like early 2022 arrival, so may get here in time if this one goes through

Please sign me up as I have many possible candidates

Thanks Pat, Timj and psdavidson, you're all going on the list. Creeping towards the threshold for the bunfight!

V1 Decals just released a sheet for another contender for this GB - I reckon the Oil Spill Response Boeing 727 fits pretty well

• zebra changed the title to Emergency! GB - at 23
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, John Masters said:

Sounds fun!  I'm in!

Thanks John, you're on the list.

Time to give this a bump and appeal for the 6 more names we need! I think this could be a really interesting group build, and it would have something for just about everyone. There have been some really great suggestions so far. So come on folks, sign up and we can make it happen!

• zebra changed the title to Emergency! GB - at 24 - just six more names needed
  • 2 weeks later...