A Group of Gals - Two Revell B-17Gs and a Hasey Friend

CedB

On 11/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, CedB said:

Called our heating engineer (who's really good) and he was, of course, busy but he diagnosed a faulty 'zone valve'. This I know from nothing.

My dad was a heating engineer and Mrs F seems to assume that such knowledge and skill is therefore part of my genetic inheritance.  Somewhat in the face of 30+ years of evidence to the contrary she still therefore expects me to diagnose and fix any and all problems with our central heating.  She seems oblivious to the perpetual disappointment this dooms her to.

• Haha 15

On 11/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, Cookenbacher said:

I know there is a certain hedgehog inclined fellow ahead of me in line, but I am willing to mask in return for room and board. References available upon request.

I will fight you. To the death. And while I will take no pleasure in killing you, I will win, because (on this front at least) my heart is pure and my strength will be as the strength of ten*.

On 11/29/2022 at 5:18 AM, CedB said:

The masking is off and I'm generally happy:

And well you should be! Looking good. 

* Ten regular men, not ten Edwards, or you'd have a fighting chance.

• Haha 12

On 29/11/2022 at 11:25, AdrianMF said:

Looking good Ced!

Hopefully not named after any TV characters!

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian :)

On 29/11/2022 at 14:49, Navy Bird said:

Well, believe it or not...

It was one of my daughter's favourite shows. She is still in her goth phase wearing only black unless she can find something darker. She has a custom built bookcase shaped like a coffin. Plus, she has a stuffed bat and, get ready, octopus on her wall. She has a 12 foot tall skeleton as a Halloween decoration for the front yard. I could on, but you get the idea.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

One of my favourite shows too, but… :D

Thanks Giorgio, James, Terry, Simon, Johnny and Keith :) 

On 30/11/2022 at 06:54, Fritag said:

My dad was a heating engineer and Mrs F seems to assume that such knowledge and skill is therefore part of my genetic inheritance.  Somewhat in the face of 30+ years of evidence to the contrary she still therefore expects me to diagnose and fix any and all problems with our central heating.  She seems oblivious to the perpetual disappointment this dooms her to.

Inherited skills are rare in my experience - my father decorated, a thing I hate. I also used to be 'quite keen' on DIY but then I got old and lazy… :) 

On 30/11/2022 at 19:47, Procopius said:

I will fight you. To the death. And while I will take no pleasure in killing you, I will win, because (on this front at least) my heart is pure and my strength will be as the strength of ten*.

And well you should be! Looking good. 

* Ten regular men, not ten Edwards, or you'd have a fighting chance.

Now now boys, don't fight. Plenty of room for two :D 

Main u/c in:

52542319139_a48543b6fd_z.jpg

Just chop off the struts, easy.

Tailwheel not so. The kit part was blobby and didn't fit the wheel so some drilling required:

52541565317_d0d194b6ef_z.jpg

Looking like we're nearing the end.

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

On 30/11/2022 at 06:54, Fritag said:

If were playing Dad Was mine, bless him, was a hairdresser with abilities and diplomas in hair for both genders at his fingertips.

I am dangerous even with my own safety razor, human hair is definitely not a substance which can safely be left in my charge...

Nicely nicely on the Gals Ced, great to have you back.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Year! My resolution is to get more modelling time… we shall see!

Thanks Giorgio, Mark, Jont, Hendie and Bill.

Hope you all had a restful and happy Christmas and New Year and here's to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2023.

Some progress.

Tailwheel chopped:

52546219917_3b9396e955_z.jpg

…and fitted:

52546987024_517884d68f_z.jpg

That's the end of the non-sticky-out bits so, taking advice from the wise, gloss coated the flat areas in preparation for the transfers:

52604328959_a68703e104_z.jpg

• Like 21

13 hours ago, CedB said:

taking advice from the wise, gloss coated the flat areas in preparation for the transfers:

Strewth, is it a new year or something....??!! :)

(Happy Belated New Year Ced!)

Keith

• Haha 4

Thanks John, Adrian, Ian, Simon, Keith and Phil.

Transfers. Took me some time to work out why I had some things on the bench but soon back into the rhythm…

Stencils, hate 'em, so let's do this first:

52608632006_4b3792627a_z.jpg

The camera zoom comes in handy for my poor old eyes. Spot the deliberate mistake:

52609129218_8f80af4294_z.jpg

…which, thanks to a zoom after applying it, I was able to correct before it settled.

Port fuselage complete:

52608658826_093a468a9f_z.jpg

52609079885_c9a2f58c85_z.jpg

The fin transfer is in one piece; easier to align I guess but harder to apply.

I had planned to do the top of the wings as well but then I noticed the walkway stripes and decided to have a bit of a lie down…

• Like 24