Jump to content

A Couple of Gals - Two Revell B-17Gs


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, epozar said:

 

I’ve seen this article before, and the reference to the external ammunition cans. 
 

However, there is yet to be any pictorial evidence provided of this - I’ve searched and searched but am yet to find a wartime era picture with the external cans fitted. If anyone has one or knows of one, I’d love to see it!

 

All the best,

Tom

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Yay! Some Ced action. All is right with the world again. 😎 

I'll second that with hearty fnar and a snurf!

 

Martian 👽

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here Ced, good to hear you’re getting yourself back into the saddle again and glad the show and wedding went off well. I think, like many folks, ‘others things’ have taken priority recently. I‘m no different as we’re in the process of moving my poorly 96 year old father and ‘sprightly’ 99 year old aunt from a small village in the depths of Welsh Wales to live with us and see out their days in a loving family environment, rather than being unceremoniously dumped in a far off nursing home. This involves a lot of upheaval, what with selling houses, rearranging and adapting Melchett Towers, relocating valuable and heavy antique furniture accumulated over a lifetime, sorting out finances, etc etc (not to mention the logistics of the move) so I don’t really have the time for fiddling with bits of plastic right now.

Anyhow, enough of all that, great to hear you’re back on track and that your mojo’s returning, look forward to seeing the end result, looking good.

 

Andy

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Fritag said:

 

Subtract “for the last few weeks” strike through “loaf around” (I wish) keep the “look guiltily at the models” sounds like my life :D


Me too at present - and since it looks as though this damned over-engineered boot (German, obvs; far too well-designed to be Pommy) looks set to stay on my knackered ankle until c. end October, you’re going to have company for a while yet.  I cannot get it safely/comfortably underneath my workbench, so Ark, the P-38F, P-51B and P-51D are all going to have to wait.  
 

But my mojo (understandably knocked by inability to act on it) is definitely stirring; don’t tell Bill, but I’ve started idly playing around with CAD design for elements of the S*a K*ng r*t*r he*d…

  • Like 8
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

but I’ve started idly playing around with CAD design for elements of the S*a K*ng r*t*r he*d…

Oh yeah! :D 

 

Ciao

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

don’t tell Bill, but I’ve started idly playing around with CAD design for elements of the S*a K*ng r*t*r he*d…

Go on, tell him, he will be overjoyed to hear it.

 

So am I, if I could get over hurdle#1 I'd be overjoyed to start doing my own designing too.

 

Hurdle #1 is how can I enter a .jpg image into Fusion360 to begin 3d-ing it?

 

All the greatimaging I find needs translating into a (dot summatawkward to find) file form...

 

I may give up and flog the laptop which I bought to handle large masses of data and cajole Crisp and Ced into doing the hard stuff for me...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, general melchett said:

I‘m no different as we’re in the process of moving my poorly 96 year old father and ‘sprightly’ 99 year old aunt from a small village in the depths of Welsh Wales to live with us and see out their days in a loving family environment, rather than being unceremoniously dumped in a far off nursing home.

 

God bless ya, mate.     :)

 

Cheers,

Bill

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

God bless ya, mate.     :)

 

Cheers,

Bill

He's right Andy, god bless you mate.

The very best of family things to be doing.

 

👍

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Giorgio, Steve, Terry, Johnny and Martian - the mojo is slowly re-emerging but, as PE is the current task, somewhat reluctantly :) 

 

On 19/08/2021 at 11:08, AdrianMF said:

Good to see you back in the saddle and congrats on your younger daughter's wedding. The air show sounds good. I managed to get to Duxford on Monday on the way back from a family thing, saw the Rapide and Tiger Moth flying. Sally B was parked on the flight line and there was a gaggle of Mustangs inside the flying hangar.

 

Regards,

Adrian

Ah, Duxford… if only it was closer I'd be there too! :) 

 

On 20/08/2021 at 00:49, Navy Bird said:

@Cookenbacher, @Procopius and I are standing by ready to come over and kick start Ced's mojo. Just say the word!

 

Cheers,

Bill

 

PS. Actually, I just want another one of Mrs. Ced's full English breakfasts.    :)

Full English? A very rare treat Bill :( 

Mrs B has some strong ideas on 'healthy eating' and, basically, anything tasty is 'bad for you'. I do, of course, rebel!

 

On 20/08/2021 at 07:57, general melchett said:

Same here Ced, good to hear you’re getting yourself back into the saddle again and glad the show and wedding went off well. I think, like many folks, ‘others things’ have taken priority recently. I‘m no different as we’re in the process of moving my poorly 96 year old father and ‘sprightly’ 99 year old aunt from a small village in the depths of Welsh Wales to live with us and see out their days in a loving family environment, rather than being unceremoniously dumped in a far off nursing home. This involves a lot of upheaval, what with selling houses, rearranging and adapting Melchett Towers, relocating valuable and heavy antique furniture accumulated over a lifetime, sorting out finances, etc etc (not to mention the logistics of the move) so I don’t really have the time for fiddling with bits of plastic right now.

Anyhow, enough of all that, great to hear you’re back on track and that your mojo’s returning, look forward to seeing the end result, looking good.

 

Andy

13 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

God bless ya, mate.     :)

 

Cheers,

Bill

13 hours ago, perdu said:

He's right Andy, god bless you mate.

The very best of family things to be doing.

 

👍

Andy as the Bills have commented that's a great move. Good man Sir.

Care for the Elderly is so often passed off to third parties and I hope, when the time comes, our kids are half as considerate as you.

I'm sure they'll settle in and be very happy near their loved ones :) 

 

On 20/08/2021 at 09:11, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Me too at present - and since it looks as though this damned over-engineered boot (German, obvs; far too well-designed to be Pommy) looks set to stay on my knackered ankle until c. end October, you’re going to have company for a while yet.  I cannot get it safely/comfortably underneath my workbench, so Ark, the P-38F, P-51B and P-51D are all going to have to wait.  
 

But my mojo (understandably knocked by inability to act on it) is definitely stirring; don’t tell Bill, but I’ve started idly playing around with CAD design for elements of the S*a K*ng r*t*r he*d…

 

What a year you've had Crisp! Rotten…

Get well soon matey :) 

 

17 hours ago, perdu said:

Go on, tell him, he will be overjoyed to hear it.

 

So am I, if I could get over hurdle#1 I'd be overjoyed to start doing my own designing too.

 

Hurdle #1 is how can I enter a .jpg image into Fusion360 to begin 3d-ing it?

 

All the greatimaging I find needs translating into a (dot summatawkward to find) file form...

 

I may give up and flog the laptop which I bought to handle large masses of data and cajole Crisp and Ced into doing the hard stuff for me...

Eh what? Me and Fusion have yet to form a relationship I fear - I don't have the arty perspective I don't think.

Happy to help with the file format Bill if I can - what's 'summatawkward'?

Maybe you should wait until someone who knows what they're talking about chips in!

 

More PE later, maybe.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CedB said:

what's 'summatawkward'?


My brain immediately settled on .STD as the file suffix. Then I gave my brain a thorough talking-to. It’s now sulking.

  • Haha 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Heather Kay said:


My brain immediately settled on .STD as the file suffix. Then I gave my brain a thorough talking-to. It’s now sulking.

 

For 3D printing it's probably .STL (stereo lithography). I think. Maybe. What do I know?    :drunk:

 

Cheers,

Bill

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Another few weeks gone and still no progress. Sorry everyone :( 

 

I have looked at the bench more often of late so, hopefully, the mojo will return.

 

We met #2 daughter for lunch at the weekend. She was travelling to friends so we intercepted her route at a really nice pub in Northleach. I had devilled kidneys and pan fried calves liver - the first offal I've had for ages (if you don't count pate) - delicious.

BUT I got pinged by the COVID app on Tuesday. Rats. Test sent off yesterday so I'm now on tenter hooks and staying away from others.

Fingers crossed for a negative result and let's hope the double jabbing does its work.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CedB said:

Fingers crossed for a negative result and let's hope the double jabbing does its work.


🤞

 

A reminder that pesky virus is far from done with us. Hope it turns out okay, Ced.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's hoping for a negative result, @CedB ! Double jabbed, you should be ok, but now, with the talk of booster shots, I wonder what length of time is being talked about.

 

Exit covid, enter mojo, and all's right with the world.

 

Good luck, old fruit !

 

Rog 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/08/2021 at 09:43, Heather Kay said:


My brain immediately settled on .STD as the file suffix. Then I gave my brain a thorough talking-to. It’s now sulking.

Do you think your brain will behave now as a result of the talking to? I hope not!

 

Martian 👽

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Martian said:

Do you think your brain will behave now as a result of the talking to? I hope not!


Well, it’s not sulking as much. More of the moody teenager.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hoping for a negative here too, but don't forget the jab was never intended to stop anyone getting covid, only to reduce the effects and keep them out of hospital! I'm double jabbed (since March) but had covid 2 months ago.

 

Ian

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CedB said:

Another few weeks gone and still no progress. Sorry everyone :( 

 

I have looked at the bench more often of late so, hopefully, the mojo will return.

 

I’ve heard that all the best people have motivation issues from time to time :whistle:

 

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Just for a minute Rog  I thought you were offering us info that double jabbing returns errant mojo effect.

 

:hmmm:I think I might have started the Spit**re (I don’t give it’s full name knowing your aversion Bill) soon after getting my second jab.  Spooky :D

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope it’s negative Ced.

I had my booster jab last Friday, 6 months to the day after the second one and it’s left me with a sore shoulder, after no reaction to the first two.

We are still being careful and wearing masks ( FFP2 ) in conjested areas, better safe than sorry.

 

John

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...