A Group of Gals - Two Revell B-17Gs and a Hasey Friend

CedB

There are many good things to enjoy at Telford but from my point of view, one of the most gratifying was seeing Ced at the show. Welcome back that Earthling.

Martian 👽

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, you're all so kind :weep:

I shall attempt to keep the mojo stoked and get these damn things off the bench. Another wing done:

52509766244_42aa87c19c_z.jpg

Now, off to catch up on some posts…

• Like 20

8 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

I know there is a certain hedgehog inclined fellow ahead of me in line, but I am willing to mask in return for room and board. References available upon request.

What he said.  I paint with rattle cans so masking is not an option.

• Like 1

Welcome back Ced!

It was great to see you again at Telford, has it really been 3 years?

You'll be pleased to know that fnaardom has been maintained during your absence but it's always good to have leadership in such matters.

Nice masking on your bits too, they should polish up nicely with a bit of a rub!

Ian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Hurrah! Now you have returned I can parcel up and return the f'nar button. My finger is quite worn out from keeping up with demand!

Welcome back and congrats on the new sprogs. Show them where the biscuit tin is and they'll love you forever!

• Haha 7

On 19/11/2022 at 18:18, giemme said:

Purty! :clap:  :clap:

Ciao 

Thanks Giorgio :)

On 19/11/2022 at 19:47, Cookenbacher said:

I know there is a certain hedgehog inclined fellow ahead of me in line, but I am willing to mask in return for room and board. References available upon request.

Now then, there's a thought! :D 

On 20/11/2022 at 04:40, philp said:

What he said.  I paint with rattle cans so masking is not an option.

Not masking is not an option I guess Phil? I admire your patience :)

On 20/11/2022 at 06:13, Brandy said:

Welcome back Ced!

It was great to see you again at Telford, has it really been 3 years?

You'll be pleased to know that fnaardom has been maintained during your absence but it's always good to have leadership in such matters.

Nice masking on your bits too, they should polish up nicely with a bit of a rub!

Ian

Great to see you as well Ian. 

I won't be polishing - I'm after a sort of worn look… hopefully.

On 20/11/2022 at 07:54, Pete in Lincs said:

Hurrah! Now you have returned I can parcel up and return the f'nar button. My finger is quite worn out from keeping up with demand!

Welcome back and congrats on the new sprogs. Show them where the biscuit tin is and they'll love you forever!

Thanks Pete, you're a star!

Well, modelling has been delayed again. Guess what I've been doing.

52526950506_5558c9c4c7_z.jpg

As the weather turned cold the heating went on - as did the cardigan.

Then the heating wasn't on. Rats.

Called our heating engineer (who's really good) and he was, of course, busy but he diagnosed a faulty 'zone valve'. This I know from nothing.

Not so now. I've had it apart and, sure enough, the gears have gone - they're not activating the microswitch:

52527426280_94299b676a_z.jpg

I didn't know but what happens is (skip this if you're not interested) the programmer doesn't control the boiler - it turns on the zone valve and THAT opens the water valve for that circuit AND then turns on the boiler by closing that switch. The motor and gears hold the valve open and springs close it when the programmer stops the current. Who knew? New valve purchased from Amazon and now fitted.

That gave me some time to 'paste' the fuselage:

52526948841_2b2dc42126_z.jpg

I'll leave that overnight and take off the masking in the morning to see what sort of mess I've made.

• Like 25
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, CedB said:

Well, modelling has been delayed again. Guess what I've been doing.

It would not surprise any of us if you'd been hanging aircraft from those pipes Ced, to be quite honest....

As for the paste, I seem to remember you buffing up some very fine results from it in the past so looking forward to seeing this too.

Hope you warm up imminently. 🔥 🏠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So you managed to get some modelling in then.

I always hold my breath when our central heating goes on for the first time ( about a week ago ), but  it’s OK at the moment. There is some sort of expansion chamber thingy at the back which needs replacing but it’s not urgent, I just have to check the boiler occasionally to make sure the water pressure is OK. Our main source of heating is a wood burner which is very efficient and it will stay lit overnight when the temperature gets below freezing, but not too soon I hope.

Take it off, take it off! The masking I mean.

John. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate home repairs.

Today I spent 6 hours disassembling and clearing a jammed garbage disposer then reassembling and reinstalling. Six bloody hours. Me, the guy who's had ten spinal surgeries crammed into the cabinet below the kitchen sink. This space wasn't big enough for Harry Potter prior to fertilization. All the while the missus was trying to get started on her Christmas baking plus we were babysitting little Dexter, whose was quite interested in swinging the pipe wrench around. Arghh...cue the Anglo-Saxon.     🤬

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 10
  • Sad 3

Thanks Tony, Terry, Simon, Jont, Giorgio, Bill, Pete, John and Navy Bill.

The masking is off and I'm generally happy:

52531613570_cf3e769248_z.jpg

The demarcation needs a bit of sanding but that's fine. Pleased with the very thin line down the fin:

52531685433_aedb67685c_z.jpg

Oooh look, I glued something:

52531695028_4d1b2ed3a1_z.jpg

The exhausts, of course. Now I need to go back to my Memphis Belle build to see how I got the wheels up.

• Like 19

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Hopefully not named after any TV characters!

Well, believe it or not...

It was one of my daughter's favourite shows. She is still in her goth phase wearing only black unless she can find something darker. She has a custom built bookcase shaped like a coffin. Plus, she has a stuffed bat and, get ready, octopus on her wall. She has a 12 foot tall skeleton as a Halloween decoration for the front yard. I could on, but you get the idea.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1

Nice work on the paint, Ced :)

1 hour ago, Navy Bird said:

It was one of my daughter's favourite shows. She is still in her goth phase wearing only black unless she can find something darker. She has a custom built bookcase shaped like a coffin. Plus, she has a stuffed bat and, get ready, octopus on her wall. She has a 12 foot tall skeleton as a Halloween decoration for the front yard. I could on, but you get the idea.    :)

As I'm rapidly approaching 42, I think my parents have accepted it's not a phase now. I like the sound of your daughter's home decor, particularly the bookcase

James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1