A Group of Gals - Two Revell B-17Gs and a Hasey Friend

CedB

Scary time ahead at Chateau CedB.

If you are a hanging model.

Maybe you would  be getting dehung as we speak...

Great info about the ferry too Ced sounds as if you had an epic time, must nag MrsP about passports and ferries.

Goes without saying, enjoy Devonshire.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Was the wine from Samur the sparkling red variety?

Many years ago when we were going on holiday to the area SWMBO’s boss recommended it, and I was a bit doubtful of the idea especially as he said to chill it. Anyway we tried it, loved it and took some back with us. 

We have seen some in this area but I think it must be treated as an import, coming from another region because the price is horrendous, about three times what we would expect to pay for a bottle of decent wine.

John

PS I hear you’re having a heatwave you poor dears, it’s been getting to 35C here for a few days now and expected to exceed 40 next week. Stay cool

• Like 2

Great pics Ced, looks like a good time was had. We tend to take the Poole/Cherbourg route to France, as Poole Ferry Port is just over the hills from where we live, so daft not to! 

Have fun in Devon.

T.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Great pics Ced, looks like a good time was had. We tend to take the Poole/Cherbourg route to France, as Poole Ferry Port is just over the hills from where we live, so daft not to! 

Have fun in Devon.

T.

I normally take the trip from Poole but I'd quite like to approach Le Mans from the northwest for a change.

After the race about five or six years ago I hung around Bagnolles for one extra day and took off for Mont St Michel in a rainstorm, which was a little bit magical as when I spotted the island amongst the clouds in the distance a cloud opened and the Mont was illuminated by a shaft of brilliant sunshine.

I need to see more of Brittany.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CedB said:

52209821317_a60cd0df5b_z.jpg

'Alien abductee demonstrates sign language used by his captors. Confirms no probing involved.'

Hope Devon is heaven my friend and take care of yourself in the heat.

Edited by TheBaron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I did Dinard/St Malo/Mont St Michel as a school trip many years ago. The ferry was horrendous as the weather was bad and people were getting very seasick...

I do love France though!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello? Anyone there?

Apologies first. Flickr tells me the last photo I published was in June. Yes, this year, cheeky.

I have excuses.

Two new grandchildren, one of each.

A recruitment push for the Police Independent Advisory Group I took the chair of, foolishly.

Observing police training and visiting the control room.

And life.

But the main reason is I found this intimidating:

52506360713_2a4ac091f1_z.jpg

All that MASKING. I hate masking. A bit.

But meeting the chaps at Telford has given me a mojo boost and, using the 'how do you eat an elephant' solution, decided to treat each bit as a separate model. So:

52505811491_c488f6b408_z.jpg

Now it's Spitfire sized, sort of, if you ignore the extra engine.

Masked up and AK paste out:

52506200939_e1a450c4e8_z.jpg

52506201299_165ecd05fe_z.jpg

Progress!

I've also been snooping 'Content I Follow' with some embarrassment. 

Hopefully I can keep going now and get things swinging again.

Fnaar!

• Like 37

Good to see you back young man, I was thinking about you only yesterday when I saw you mentioned in one of the Telford posts.

Looking  forward to your unique style again.

John

PS: I passed up the chance of a (fnaar) a couple of days ago because I didn’t think you were around to see it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, CedB said:

Hello? Anyone there?

Oooh, that woke me with a start! I've been here all along, honest.

T'was truly great to spend time with you over the weekend Ced, and glad your back on the B-17's. As you know I have one also, and just need to get a few things sorted with Jim, and I'll be off, so don't be afraid, there will be at least one other B-17 build with you!

The masking approach is defo the correct one. I always grimace at the prospect of starting to mask a model, but the bit by bit approach is surely the way.

And finally, perhaps my best memory of Saturday evening, apart from the top quality company of course, was this.......................

IMG20221112200343

T.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, CedB said:

using the 'how do you eat an elephant' solution

Have you had much practice then Ced?

Might I be the first to say it’s good to have a Ced back posting modelling type stuff?  What I’m too late;  it’s been done already several times? Oh well :D The sentiment is the same.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Welcome back Ced. One bite at a time! The burger looks good - dining was my daughter's choice on Saturday so I spent the evening dropping ramen down my jumper at Wagamamas...

Regards,

Adrian

Wagamama?

There's a Wagamama in Telford?

I wish I'd known, but the meal I had in company of the very finest calibre compensated.

Oh yes wotcha Ced, haven't seen you for ages/days.

Very, really very glad that you found the mojo bullet to bite. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 17/11/2022 at 16:31, CedB said:

Hopefully I can keep going now and get things swinging again.

Welcome back you old swinger, it really isn't the same without you. 🫂

On 17/11/2022 at 16:31, CedB said:

A recruitment push for the Police Independent Advisory Group I took the chair of

'Avon & Somerset Force To Offer Modelling Tools Amnesty.'

Police Life, November 2022.

• Haha 5

On 11/17/2022 at 10:31 AM, CedB said:

Hello? Anyone there?

Buffers!

You cannot imagine, would not believe, and definitely would be discomfited by how much you've been in my thoughts, having recently taken Winston to his first model show here, and because of the lead up to and wind down from SMW, and showing the boys all my photos I took in 2019. So glad to read you're well, and that there's a little more Ced in the world, even if at one or two removes. To think if I was a better planner, and wasn't such a wastrel, and was handsome and charming, and met you long before 2015, you could have had the dubious honour of being my father in law! What a wasted opportunity on my part, though a lucky escape for all other parties. 

Big kits are always a trial for me; I feel like the difficulty increases by a factor of the number of engines squared, and since you've built a B-36, I think that legitimately means you may be an actual demigod. Hopefully the joy of building these again begins to outweigh the frustration, so we can enjoy more dauntless Buffery!

• Haha 9