A Group of Gals - Two Revell B-17Gs and a Hasey Friend

CedB

And me! I tried a metal earth kit once and gave up. It just donates parts to scratchbuilds now! So you must be coming back!

Odd about those engines though. Nice painting so far. Good luck with the rest.

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday Ced. Some rather exotic bending with that falcon. Nice. 🤩 more tools you say? Why not indeed. 👊😆

the engines are looking rather robust, pitty about the flash and pins but that’s where the fun’s at right? 🤪

Johnny

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday from me too Ced.  Glad the chest x-rays were fine.

20 hours ago, CedB said:

Friday I met the new Chief Inspector to talk about what we're going to do now I've taken the chair of the Independent Advisory group. Interesting stuff.

Seeing as Alan @hendie stole the bestest facetious reply I’ll just have to be serious.  Cor! I always knew you wos important.

• Haha 8

Thanks James, Steve, Giorgio, Ian, Biggles, Dennis, Johnny, Phil, Roger, Simon, Rob and John for the birthday greetings! Many treats were had…

On 29/05/2022 at 13:01, hendie said:

happy B'day Ced.   Nice little update

Did he tell you to return it?  I'm surprised he didn't arrest you for stealing

15 hours ago, Fritag said:

Happy Birthday from me too Ced.  Glad the chest x-rays were fine.

Seeing as Alan @hendie stole the bestest facetious reply I’ll just have to be serious.  Cor! I always knew you wos important.

Now you two, move along there, nothing to see here… :D

On 29/05/2022 at 18:49, Pete in Lincs said:

And me! I tried a metal earth kit once and gave up. It just donates parts to scratchbuilds now! So you must be coming back!

Odd about those engines though. Nice painting so far. Good luck with the rest.

Cheers Pete :)

You obviously needed more tools:

52109744151_bb812f0bb0_z.jpg

Despite BMers suggesting I could find 'things the right diameter' it was not to be, so these cheap things got ordered. Just right for the tricky bendy bits:

52109795103_10c4b9cffc_z.jpg

Completed just now:

52111030848_8c46ec17f6_z.jpg

52111503545_394b638378_z.jpg 52111503570_cdd12b821d_z.jpg

Right, that's enough of that birthday diversion, back to the B-17s.

• Like 20

Ced, a belated happy birthday from me  as well! A small token of my esteem is winging its way to you, with the added virtue that if you do not enjoy it, you can burn it for warmth or to cook something.

I admit to being both intrigued and alarmed by these "mandrels".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Happy birthday Ced!!

That is one cool metal Millennium Falcon. New tools; worth it.

Thanks Cookie, for both comments :) 

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

Ced, a belated happy birthday from me  as well! A small token of my esteem is winging its way to you, with the added virtue that if you do not enjoy it, you can burn it for warmth or to cook something.

I admit to being both intrigued and alarmed by these "mandrels".

Oh PC, you are awful… wait! I was about to quote Dick Emery (oh, no, now I've used a…) but I fear that someone will read the post in years to come and cancel me :(

Of course it's unlikely they would use their real name 'cos critics are rarely among the brave, those cold and timid souls. *

Very kind of you, as usual. I shall look forward to the postie with bated breath (whatever that is).

The Mandrels are, like most of my tools, a good compensation for cack-handed people like me who can't model without help. Lots of it.

Both from that place that people, for some reason, won't name but make reference to long rivers in South America. Branded 'The Beadsmith'.

Cheap too. Guess where they were made?

The metal ones (about £6) are well made and go from 1.5mm then 2mm and 1mm steps to 10mm.

The bigger ones (about £8) don't state a size but there's a round one, a square one, a triangular one and a round one (that'll get the rugby players singing) with a swappable handle.

They helped me finish The Falcon in no time at all.

Go on, 'cos you're worth it!

(Pity someone doesn't cancel the advertising people that are brainwashing the population…)

Oi, Bufton, stop moaning and get on with those models…

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt.

• Like 8

I'll swing in here with my own belated birthday wishes Ced, and I must say I'm very impressed with those Mandrels. I do like a good tool purchase m'self!!

Terry

• Thanks 1

Thanks Terry :) 

[The rest of this post contains a health warning]

While I'm getting all philosophical (hah!) I've been propounding a method that maintains my lifestyle.

I think we all know that a 'level of fitness' needs to be maintained.

If you stop maintaining it, your fitness level deteriorates.

But maintenance takes time that you don't get back (except perhaps in the nursing home).

I'm currently fit for nothing and feel I can maintain that for some time, if not continuously.

A view not shared by my family, as shown by the birthday card my eldest sent me.

I like that bear, after my own heart.

Google Liz Como cards - they're a hoot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Fritag said:

Amen to that….. :D :D :D      :winkgrin:

I was about to say Amen as well, then I thought can one do 3 Amen's in a row? .............. or am I getting confused with hail marys...... 🤔

Terry

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, CedB said:

I like that bear, after my own heart.

Allow me a hearty ditto please young CedB

A card timed and placed to perfection I aver

And many, many more of 'em too amigo.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

can one do 3 Amen's in a row?

Are they those noodle thingies? I've heard they're pretty filling.

Ian

• Haha 7

18 hours ago, CedB said:
18 hours ago, CedB said:

52109744151_bb812f0bb0_z.jpg

Evil child! So that's where the attachments for my blurglecruncheon went! Return them at once 'ere I do some gobberwarts rending, :yikes:

Miffed of Mars 👽

• Haha 7