A Group of Gals - Two Revell B-17Gs and a Hasey Friend

CedB

30 minutes ago, CedB said:

That's us up-to-date then.

My goodness Ced, you have been busy !

Glad to hear Tilly is OK, we weren't quite so busy with Rosie (sadly no longer with us - old age) asI mentioned, Cavs aren't quite as energetic as cockers.

Grandson duty is grand, isn't it?

I can't see the mods being too concerned about a photo of Otto, gazing contentedly on the mobile, and thinking  "as soon as I can reach I'm having THAT one!"

Weddings - have done two for the same daughter (long story, not interested in the telling) but 3.30 am - yikes - that beat the last wedding - with lots of Army people there - by an hour!

Man cave temperature; no idea what, but tooooo hot. PE for the reggiano 2000 painted with primer last night, I am sure as it went on it dried instantly!

It sounds to me that despite the travails with plumbing and hitches with wedding you've probably had a good time pver the last 5 weeks.

That augurs well for the mojo !!

• Like 1

Glad to have you back Sir.

You have been very busy with much more important stuff than plastic.

The heat , well I can appreciate that it's been ferocious up here this week and watching the golf from Sandwich you seem to have had it a little hotter in the south.

I'm glad to hear that all is well with you and yours.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

Yay !! Ced's back !! You've been missed, ole' fella, witness the observations above.

At least it sounds like you've been gainfully employed and not, as I wondered, shuffled off this mortal site to follow pastimes other than the fondling of plastic.

Don't you just love renovations ..........NOT !! Without fail, the most straightforward reno will throw up problems that one never thought of - like "the part's no longer produced", "construction rules have been changed", "it's been discontinued".........

We once decided to renovate the kitchen and bathroom in one go ! What a nightmare, the story is too long and involved and, no, I won't recount it here, I break out in a rash just thinking about it ! Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have thought about it ! Where's the cream......

Weddings, I've done 4 and we've only got two daughters.......Sounds like you all had a great day; how was the morning after ....?

Sounds like you're getting into grandpa mode, at least you're learning the language.

Great to have you back and work can recommence on the two Forts.......looking forward to further progress as it transpires.

Rog

Oh, my daughter won't let me babysit our grand daughter..........well, she is 22 !

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, CedB said:

It's 26.5º in the man cave at the moment.

Enjoy some decent weather, instead of complaining ... :D :D Great to hear from you again, and mostly good news, so... :thumbsup: Plastic can wait (and I don't want to be the last one to turn in a Museum build :winkgrin: )

Ciao

• Haha 5

Hello Ced . Glad you are back. Good to hear you and yours feel fine  And very busy too! Chapeau. In Münster everything is fine. We had hard rain on Wednesday too , but not that devastating and apokalyptic at all. Even the desaster here in 2014 wasn't that bad and it was bad!! I have posted a a bit more at cosaircorp's AH-1 thread on Sunday, if you don't mind to read. So thanks god in this case buisness as usual here. Other things of life came in the way and I also reorient proffessionally now. Hopefully sucsessful :mental:. So all in all life could be worse than that.

Cheers Ben

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 2

Glad to Hear from you dear boy. Life seems to be keeping you in good stead. 😀

you’re right you know. Hell to Modelling in this heat, it takes all my effort to get through a working day, then it’s straight to the hammock for a read and a snooze. ❤️😇  Take your time. I don’t want to be handing in last either. 🤪

Johnny.

• Thanks 1

Kind regards to yourself and family on the recent wedding Ced, and glad to hear that the hound is on the mend.

Your software/AI talk sounded most interesting; did you discuss the possible effects that AI might have on modelling forums? 😱

Modelbot 05731: Here is my latest 1/1552nd scale Spitfire build.

Modelbot  91167: 0010011001110

Modelbot 82291: 01001001110

Modelbot 05731: Thanks for all the kind comments chaps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Hello Ced!

that’s one hell of an update! Sounds like life has been busy but pretty fruitful. Which is good to hear.

hope your enjoying the lovely weather! none of this ‘it’s far too hot’ from you lot, it’s only 30, spare a thought for the chaps in Africa in 1942… they hat heat and Panzers to deal with! I jest, It is flipping hot, but still good.

looking forward to more update either build or life related.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Terry, John, Ali, Rog, Biggles, Giorgio, Ben, Johnny, Tony (the bot), Cookie and Rob :)

Man cave temperature down to 23º this afternoon and some mojo so, with all the tasks I have to do, what do you think I chose?

51334994859_09f937a615_z.jpg

Prop tip masking? I hate doing that!

Weird eh?

Hopefully the mojo will be there tomorrow too…

• Like 16

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still here and life is still getting in the way of a mojo improvement. Maybe I'll touch something soon!

A quick belated report though on my trip to the Old Buckenham Airshow on Saturday 31st.

A great day and well worth the trip. Jim greeted me at the gate and introduced me to his friendly wife before explaining that he was performing multiple roles that day and apologising for not being able to host me better! What a nice man.

The event was sold out and very soon the flight line was crowded ready for the display. What a display it was too! Hurricane, two Spitfires, Sally B and the Bouchon / Mustang dogfight provided a suitable Merlin fix. There was also a very impressive display of nine, yes nine, Tiger Moths and a great display by four little Turbulents.

My favourite experience though was by the 'Extra Duo' display team. They have a Facebook page that describes them as "The worlds No.1 Little and Large Aerobatic Display Team. Chris Burkett in the full size Extra 330 and Mike Williams flying the 49% Radio Controlled Model." Has to be seen to be believed? OK then:

51371208521_4f68c41ec7_b.jpg

Sorry about the rubbish photography - they were very fast!

I was also very interested in Nuncats 'Electric Jeep'. Based on the airfield, the company is developing an electric aircraft that can be used in Africa (and other sunny places) to move medical and other essential supplies about. I had a great chat with Ian, their chief engineer. If you're interested they have a CrowdFunder page that explains what they're up to and gives you a chance to bung 'em a few quid.

I have to admit that I dropped out of the display mid-afternoon so that I could get back to the family for the evening.

Great day though - thanks Jim!

Hopefully, soon, some modelling!

• Like 22

Ced, I'm sorry I missed your recent updates, was busy having a holiday and getting scorched up in Aberdeenshire (really!) :D and I feel like I've been playing catch-up at work ever since :( 

Glad all seems to be going well, good to see you're back at it B) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2021 at 12:16, Stew Dapple said:

Ced, I'm sorry I missed your recent updates, was busy having a holiday and getting scorched up in Aberdeenshire (really!) :D and I feel like I've been playing catch-up at work ever since :( 

Glad all seems to be going well, good to see you're back at it B) 

Cheers,

Stew

No worries Stew - I've had a break too! Enjoy the weather while it lasts :) 

On 11/08/2021 at 22:03, Cookenbacher said:

That sounds like a great airshow Ced, I can't believe the 'Extra Duo' team flies that mixed display, must be amazing!

Please give Jim my regards when you see him next.

It was Cookie, it was! I'll certainly pass on your regards next time I see Jim :) 

Another week gone.

Mrs B has gone away to play with the grandson and I now have a couple of weeks home alone!

What to do…

Binge watch Ghosts Series 3. Done.

Catch up on developments in energy supply that don't involve ruining the beautiful landscape.

Loaf around. Done.

Look guiltily at the models. Several times.

But today:

51386654153_641ce785fd_z.jpg

I seem to remember masking up for the weird bits of Olive Drab and then realising the PE needed to be on first.

Now done.

I think.

• Like 21

Sounds like my life for the last few weeks...loaf around, look guiltily at the models.....

At least you remembered the PE. It sucks to put paint on then remember it!

Ian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2021 at 11:18 AM, tomprobert said:

Another thing to remove from the Revell kit are the ammunition cans for the ball turret. Again, wartime Forts never had these fitted as all ammo was carried inside the ball itself. Revell used a modern warbird for references and these often have the external cans fitted - not accurate for a WWII era machine. 

I think there is no NEVER here ;)
Late Fortresses had had the ammo on the outside, e.g. on the top..
https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ref/AirGunnery/TURRETS5.html

"Loading Ammunition
Two ammunition cans, which are a permanent part of the turret ball, one for each gun, hold approximately 500 rounds of belted ammunition apiece. In some late modifications of the turret the ammunition cans are placed outside the turret, mounted to the hanger assembly, to give the gunner more room; flexible chutes carry the ammunition belts from the cans to the turret and guns. But most Sperry Ball turrets still have cans installed right in front of the gunner. They cannot be removed from the turret and must be loaded from the outside."

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Brandy said:

Sounds like my life for the last few weeks...loaf around, look guiltily at the models.....

Subtract “for the last few weeks” strike through “loaf around” (I wish) keep the “look guiltily at the models” sounds like my life :D

• Haha 5

Good to see you back in the saddle and congrats on your younger daughter's wedding. The air show sounds good. I managed to get to Duxford on Monday on the way back from a family thing, saw the Rapide and Tiger Moth flying. Sally B was parked on the flight line and there was a gaggle of Mustangs inside the flying hangar.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1