A Group of Gals - Two Revell B-17Gs and a Hasey Friend

CedB

Thanks Ali, Giorgio and Johnny :) 

A bit more done.

Nose turrets sprayed:

51236227823_87b9a21bb5_z.jpg

On to the engines.

Some of the parts not only had flash on them but some nasty stub thingies that stopped them fitting snugly:

51240135056_034a4b16a1_z.jpg

Easily chopped off and assembled:

51240357403_0e7ccb8dcf_z.jpg

Now I need to take care - the mounts on the two outer engines are the same but the inners are different.

Tricky.

• Like 23

This is weird - this thread isn’t appearing in my ‘Content I started’ list anymore…

I’ve had this before and editing the first post fixed it, but not this time. 
@Mike any ideas please? Thanks. 

Oops, that fixed it. 
Still weird though eh?

33 minutes ago, CedB said:

This is weird - this thread isn’t appearing in my ‘Content I started’ list anymore…

I’ve had this before and editing the first post fixed it, but not this time. 
@Mike any ideas please? Thanks. 

Oops, that fixed it. 
Still weird though eh?

You're not the only person Ced, thats happened to me a couple of times. 

• Like 1

On 13/06/2021 at 21:19, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You're not the only person Ced, thats happened to me a couple of times. 

Thanks Dennis. Always good to know I'm not alone! :) 

Hopefully Mike will pick up the prod…

On 14/06/2021 at 00:06, The Spadgent said:

Cor! That’s a lot o’ engines Mr B.  They do look rather nice mind. 🥰

Johnny. 

Thanks Johnny. Yep, lots! :) 

On 14/06/2021 at 22:09, Cookenbacher said:

Ced's workshop is the arsenal of democracy, and its ceiling is 'Best in Bath' for several years running.

:D 

Thanks Cookie.

Well, another week gone with little to report.

Mojo low, life in the way.

I keep looking at the 'next steps' and thinking 'masking or PE?' and deciding I don't, currently, want either.

Hopefully soon.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, CedB said:

Mojo low, life in the way.

Happened to me big time during most of lockdown would you believe, a time when I could have done more modelling than ever. Mine is back now big time (check my latest glider WIP!) and I'm sure your's will.

Meanwhile, enjoy the break!

Terry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best thing?

Take a break, build a bus...

Or a boat.

Or anything different, preferred without using your usual massive expertise.

A bus, I understand Rosen(?) makes an Old Bill in 76th

Paint it green and relax.

A boat, how about a paper model narrow boat?

How about folding a sheet of A4 and spend hours trying to make the damned thing actually fly a predictable course into the bin.

Just stop making big warplanes for ten minutes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know the 'ol Mojo Slow Hussle! One of the reasons why I'm joining a few GBs, cause sometimes I just need a little enticing. Like having sex with your partner even if you don't feel 'in the mood' but getting into it anyway.

And no, I'm not saying modelling is like sex, that would be weird....😏

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Mojo and little fiddly things that take extra care....I'm about 80% finished a Halifax but noticed I only have 3 out of 4 pieces that sit atop the radial engines (can't think of the name). Alas, without the piece I just gave up for a while. It's been 3 months...😬

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks everyone :) 

I now have Tilly back with us convalescing after a knee operation. 
You know Spaniels - bouncy little things. 
She has ‘cage rest’ for two weeks. Oh ha ha. 
One more week to go…

• Like 11

Ooooh

Don't we just love our dogs

Can't see the emoji I need

All the best, to all creatures great and small

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may have missed it @CedB but does the Revell kit come with both types of rear tail turrets (Cheyenne) etc. As for your work on them you have done amazing i hope my upcoming project is to this standard and i be happy, but then i have been stuck in a blasted rut.

Edited by Harrier/ViperFan
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kitsticker said:

Ooooh

Don't we just love our dogs

Can't see the emoji I need

All the best, to all creatures great and small

Geoff

Thanks Geoff :) 

8 hours ago, Harrier/ViperFan said:

I may have missed it @CedB but does the Revell kit come with both types of rear tail turrets (Cheyenne) etc. As for your work on them you have done amazing i hope my upcoming project is to this standard and i be happy, but then i have been stuck in a blasted rut.

It does indeed! Lots of spare bits - I hope :) 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ced, any news from you? Mojo still low? Hope you are fine and back at the bench again soon. I wasnn't here for quite a while either. Similar reasons. Life came in the way and twisted dynamically in different ways.

Cheers Benedikt

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 5

On 24/06/2021 at 20:33, CedB said:

I now have Tilly back with us convalescing after a knee operation. 
You know Spaniels - bouncy little things. 
She has ‘cage rest’ for two weeks. Oh ha ha. 
One more week to go…

How's Tilly got on? Our cavalier, Rosie, had to have a knee operation and very sorry for herself with one leg in plaster for I think 6 weeks.

If it's any help once plaster off, and a couple of weeks "cage rest" (cavs fortunately not so energetic as cockers) she was back to her normal self.

I'm sure Tilly will be the same.

While wholly off topic, how's the grandson? Appreciating the mobile?

• Like 2

Three weeks since my last post and five weeks since the last progress. Five WEEKS! Crikey, what have I been up to?

Replies first…

On 13/07/2021 at 20:48, bbudde said:

Hello Ced, any news from you? Mojo still low? Hope you are fine and back at the bench again soon. I wasnn't here for quite a while either. Similar reasons. Life came in the way and twisted dynamically in different ways.

Cheers Benedikt

Thanks Ben :) News below. But before that, how are YOU? I sincerely hope the floods didn't effect you.

On 19/07/2021 at 08:53, Whofan said:

How's Tilly got on? Our cavalier, Rosie, had to have a knee operation and very sorry for herself with one leg in plaster for I think 6 weeks.

If it's any help once plaster off, and a couple of weeks "cage rest" (cavs fortunately not so energetic as cockers) she was back to her normal self.

I'm sure Tilly will be the same.

While wholly off topic, how's the grandson? Appreciating the mobile?

Hi John :) Tilly didn't have a plaster, just a dressing that came off after a few days. She has metal in her knee so I guess the cast wasn't required? Anyway, stopping her jumping was really tiresome - she had her harness on and was strapped to my wrist most of the time and limited to toilet trips to the garden. I almost got bed sores from sitting on the sofa! Not as tiresome as the fact that Apple have now implemented Command-I as 'email this page' so italic is now a chore.

Otto is a delight - more below.

So, convalescing dog and low mojo.

Then the wedding preparations (Sophie, our younger daughter). 

She had planned a wedding in Assisi but that has, of course, been postponed. Twice. She decided to get married in Bath and then have a party in Italy at the end of October (should be safe?). Of course we'd have the after-marriage party in our garden. So that needed to be 'pretty'. Luckily Mrs B's domain.

Not so the house which needed some bits tidying up. I don't do DIY now so in came the painter. For two weeks. Of course, while he was tidying up the main bathroom we should change the old brass taps for new modern ones. Chrome of course. So the shower had to be upgraded from it's previously-trendy white. Aqualisa are brilliant and provided a list of chrome replacement bits but the control is obsolete. They offered to fit a new model at about 60% of list price including (that should be italic but I can't be bothered) fitting. Result! Sadly the outlet design is outside the tiles (clever) and ours is behind them. Too risky. So we no have a nice new chrome shower fitting with a white outlet. I did try the Molotow chrome but, even with primer, I don't think it'll take the washing. Ho hum.

Nice overnight in Henley middle of June. One of my mates has joined the Phyllis Court Club; very nice place on the river. We had a trip on a river boat and, for the first time in years, my arms sunburned. Now I have to splash on sunscreen every time I go out. Ageing eh, but the alternative is worse (as they say). Marvellous time sitting on the lawn drinking beer though. Almost normal. Almost.

Mrs B's birthday at the beginning of the month so a nice lunch was called for. Oysters to start - yum. 'Jersey Rock' oysters tried and approved!

Elder daughter is easing herself back into work so asked if she could come down from the 8th so that Mrs B could look after Otto while she had calls and Zooms. He's still not Lego-ready so I've been doing the occasional 'Ooochy Coo' but that's it. More or less.

A major event for me was a Zoom presentation to the local U3A Science Group on Software. Took me a couple of weeks to prepare and hone but went well I thought. Trouble is with scientists is that they ask deep questions like "What do you think will control the moral and social effects of AI?". "Dunno mate" isn't enough so I had to use my brain which, as you know, is a bit rusty.

So, big day on the 17th. I had my hair cut and everything! Lovely ceremony then back to the garden for 'the reception'/after wedding party. COVID meant we had to do a risk analysis of course but all went well, thanks. Son-in-Law is from Dublin and his (small) group were amazing. His Dad has a Citroen service business and a collection of DSs. A lovely crowd. I got to bed at 3:30am, a long time since I've stayed up that late!

That's us up-to-date then.

The Models are still waiting for the PE to be applied and then engines to be assembled.

It's 26.5º in the man cave at the moment.

Maybe later…

• Like 19

Great to hear from you Ced, and good family news all round it seems. And you have been a very busy lad!

Man cave heat is a challenge for all of us right now. We are just off for some walking on the heathland around the tank museum/ranges. Should be fun!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1