Toyland Garage card model building.

TonyW

Another entry from me. A really nice late forties/early fifties card garage kit that needs a bit of help. It's very toy like but it has a charm of its own once assembled.

20210329-205544.jpg

I've had it for years and like it a lot. It's showing wear and tear now, so I'll be scanning and then restoring the parts in Photoshop and re-printing them. Then they get laminated onto new card and reassembled as a permanent building rather than taking it apart for storage. 

If this one goes OK I have a mint Shell card garage that will then get the same treatment. It's in as new condition at the moment and the collector in me won't let me build it. Make another then!

Here's it's scruffy packaging envelope. I think it's an old sixties promo of some sort. It's a lot more of an accurate model than the Toyland one, but it has to get in line.

img034-copy.jpg

• Like 6

Very interesting additions to the GB but "no cutting - no pasting"!! However scanning, using photoshop is one will make it one to follow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mike Dean said:

What scale are these Tony? OO/HO for railways or Corgi/Dinky size?

The entrance door to the Toyland office is 2" high, so Corgi/Dinky size would be about right.

I have very few model cars in that scale, so depending on what I can find, I may well re-size the thing. Something to compliment my built 1.32 Airfix cars would be nice.

A store display base might make an appearance as well.

I had better order more scalpel blades. There's a fair bit of card cutting in my future.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Paul821 said:

Very interesting additions to the GB but "no cutting - no pasting"!! However scanning, using photoshop is one will make it one to follow.

It's the "No cutting, no pasting" bit that's causing  the damage on it. The fixing tabs are starting to rip and the slots they sit in are getting a bit baggy. I'll be doing away with both and fixing everything down a bit firmer. There are tape marks here and there as well. I can remove them in Photoshop and start again with fresh card.

I've made a start on cleaning up the box top. There's a bit more to do, but most of the wear and tear is now gone. Photoshop is my friend.

Toyland-A3-cover-cleaned-Large.jpg

Here's how it looked when I first got it. The picture is about ten years old now. Damage can be seen even then.

I will do away with the fixing tabs and add a filler piece on the clock tower at the very least.

airfix1508.jpg

• Like 3