AFV Club 1/48 F-CK-1B IDF "Ching Kuo" 427th SQ

Members

1,792 posts

Posted 19 minutes ago

To commemorate the passed away AFV Club CEO Mr. MH Tseng, I built this kit(presented by Mr. Tseng) during the Spring Festival holidays.

Construction period: February 11 2021- March 28 2021 (interrupted due to several business trips in the middle, otherwise it can be completed within one month)

Kit: AFV Club AR48109 1/48 F-CK-1B "Ching Kuo" two-seater trainer fighter

Accessories: AFV Club resin Mk12 seat, Phase Hangar resin tail nozzle (I would like to especially thank the designer, Mr. John Chung, who personally sent me a set from Canada, so that there is no delay in working hours), Reskit resin wheels

Scheme: 70th anniversary of the victory of the Anti-Japanese War "Tai Kong Ling" (Flying Tigers shark mouth) in July 2015

This is my second time buiding the kit after finishing the single-seater in 2017.

The overall experience is as pleasant as always. The modification work is limited to the addition of pipelines, and some transparent effects (aviation lights, missile guide lense, etc.) are made with UV glue.

Finally, I use this model to cherish the memory of its "father" Mr. Tseng.

Thank you not only for frequently presenting me sample kits, but also for inviting me to Taiwan as a judge of the competition several times.

Please rest in peace...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Airliners.net image removed

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

• Like 28

I was not aware of the bad news about Mr Tseng, very sorry to hear this !

Your model is great, it's a great tribute to mr. Tseng, I'm a big fan of this subject and this kit, that I find very nice. Glad to see such a well built example (or two) here

Your extraordinary work resulted in two absolutely beautiful models. As I often am, I find the cockpits most impressive.

Superb replicas of this interesting jet. I have a couple in the stash that I bought during my last trip to Taiwan. My wife is Taiwanese and used to live near Tainan AB so I’ve seen the real thing flying over.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 10:04 PM, Giorgio N said:

I was not aware of the bad news about Mr Tseng, very sorry to hear this !

Your model is great, it's a great tribute to mr. Tseng, I'm a big fan of this subject and this kit, that I find very nice. Glad to see such a well built example (or two) here

Thanks and yes, a great sorrow and loss.

Wish him R.I.P....

On 3/30/2021 at 5:19 AM, Lord Riot said:

Superb replicas of this interesting jet. I have a couple in the stash that I bought during my last trip to Taiwan. My wife is Taiwanese and used to live near Tainan AB so I’ve seen the real thing flying over.

The IDF has some quite unique shape and it is actually the first originally desgined 3rd generation fighter in Asia.

So it worth a good kit and a good built too. ;) 

Thank you all mates for your encouragement!

• Like 1