Airfix Renault Dauphine

58 minutes ago, PhilX said:

I will follow this thread ... 

You are most welcome. I hope to finish it later today.

40 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

Wow, that looks so good.

1 hour ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Your build is real piece of art. 

Thanks a lot John and Vesa. It's always easier to make good work when one knows the subject inside-out and have a passion for it.

• Like 1

The chassis with interior joined the body without too many problems, and after the exhaust it's only the wheels left. The track width of the Dauphine is 1222 mm rear and 1250 mm front, giving 38,2 rear and 39,1 front in 1/32 scale. Airfix matched the rear very well, but the front is almost 2 mm narrow; tucking in the front wheels very deep under the wings. I made some spacers and glued them to the front wheels.

D69.jpg

With the front track corrected it looks much better.

D70.jpg

As the last thing I'm following my habit of giving some weight to the wheels and touching up some paint on the underside. I'm going to draw a line here and be done. I quite fancy doing a R1093 right now, but that will be from one of the 1/24 resin kits I stashed and have to wait a little.

D71.jpg

D72.jpg

• Like 13

Another incredible build Jorgen! The Dauphine is a beauty and so perfectly finished. Have to say, I'm such a huge fan of your work.

I do like the rubber seals and chrome trim on the windows. It's a detail I don't see too often, but it really pops here.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Outstanding!

Many thanks for bringing back some great memories with this build, the Dauphine was a great little car and my Gordini Dauphine 4 speed instead of 3 would give any 998cc Mini Cooper a run for its money - not bad for a 845cc family car.

Looking forward to the 1093 now

Stay safe           Roger

• Like 2

I have to admit to having absolutely zero interest in the car, nor any knowledge of it, but this is a gorgeous model by any standards!

Very nicely done, the improvements have made a huge difference.

Ian

• Like 1

@keefr22 @Heather Kay @silver911 @Vesa Jussila @Malc2 @fightersweep @johnlambert @Hamden @Brandy @klubman01 @Pete in Lincs 

Thanks you all for your kind comments, they are all much appreciated. Building a Renault Dauphine model is always a labour of love and I'm glad you like it.

I have placed some more photos in the RFI-section here:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1