1/48 Tornado IDS Norm 93 camo scheme and decals

rodenlee

Hi all

I'm contemplating building a 1/48 German Tornado IDS in the Norm 93 scheme and having no joy finding decals for it. 

I'd really appreciate some advice on where I may be able to get such a set if one exists please.

Thanks very much team.

Cheers

Shaun

8 hours ago, rodenlee said:

Sorry...finger trouble.

Norm 83 it is...

That is slightly problematic then, HaHen did not have any in Norm83 ... 

I used Revell and Italeri kit decals from various kits on mine....

Just now, Nebbor said:

I didn't research it (yet) but are the stencils significantly different between norm 83 and norm 95? Good to know since I am planning to do a norm 83 bird myself.

Good, or bad thing about Norm 83 is that it was used (and still is on some jets) for a rather long time in parallel with the grey schemes. Marking wise you can find anything from higher to lower viz, or a mix...

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Good, or bad thing about Norm 83 is that it was used (and still is on some jets) for a rather long time in parallel with the grey schemes. Marking wise you can find anything from higher to lower viz, or a mix...

I know, you even had hybrids: grey fuselage, green wings. The question is if the stencils used are much different. I tried to have a very quick comparison and they seem to be the same. Maybe black vs grey (like the walkways) but usable.  Hahen 48047 has a generic stencil placement guide and also contains markings for norm 83 a/c so this strengthens my belief the stencils are similar. Waiting for the experts to chime in.

54 minutes ago, rodenlee said:

Harald at Hahen has confirmed that sheet #48047 has the decals necessary to make a Norm 83 scheme.

Cheers

Shaun

stencils probably yes, but suitable squadron markings as well? it provides markings for the TTTE  Cottesmore, Erding, Jever (JaboG 38, LVR 1 (TGrp11)

https://www.hahen.com/epages/64625185.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64625185/Products/48067

6 hours ago, exdraken said:

stencils probably yes, but suitable squadron markings as well? it provides markings for the TTTE  Cottesmore, Erding, Jever (JaboG 38, LVR 1 (TGrp11)

https://www.hahen.com/epages/64625185.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64625185/Products/48067

You link is to to #48067 not #48047...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, rodenlee said:

You link is to to #48067 not #48047...

https://www.hahen.com/epages/64625185.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64625185/Products/48047

sorry, not only the link! also my focus ... :(

this one indeed might be a suitable sheet for NORM 83!

I always discarded it for pure grey scheme... :wall: