HMS Griffin - G class Destroyer, 1939

Another Mathews marvel sorry I am bit late on the replies but had a busy week so not much time to look in properly.

As others have said stunning details and quality and I also blame you for all the extra moans and groans that now come from my wallet every time I follow one of your builds.  :facepalm:

no seriously thank you for bringing so much information and detailed explanations of how to help us achieve better results well me at least anyway.  :coolio:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1

Thanks Fellas - you are very kind.

Beefy - cheque is in the post and that's a few more beers attached to the bar list when we meet up :cheers:

Sorry about the wallet strain, blame Micromaster and Black Cat :whistle:

"Big boys.......................

Rob

• Haha 4

On 4/1/2021 at 5:19 AM, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Absolutely stunning piece of modelling.  Please tell - How do you get that water effect it is so realistic?

Colin

Hi Colin - sorry I missed this earlier.  I show how exactly within the WI -  using Liquitex "Gloss medium & varnish" and Liquitex "High gloss Varnish".  Chris Flodberg developed the technique and all kudos should go to him 

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=158909&p=651903#p651903

HTH

Thanks again

Rob

It's a truly stunning thing, lovely subject and excellent build!

While I still have to catch up with reading the WiP thread I already see that it was deeply researched too!

• Thanks 1

I think this is absolutely wonderful, it looks great, the ship & the setting are perfect. Your work brings great joy to me as I hope it does to others , well done. 

• Thanks 1