1/72 Douglas Digby Mk.I, Special Hobby

Fuad,

Another great model! The first one I think I have seen built. How was the kit to assemble? The Canadian scheme really stands out. Your usual very nice weathering and finish, which is to say pretty darned good! Hope you and yours are safe where you are.

Mike

• Like 1

Your builds are never anything less that fantastic!  :clap2::clap2:

I didn't recognise the "Digby" name, but B-18 seems vaguely familiar.

Not the most beautiful plane - it sort of emphasises why the B-17 earned legendary status, IMHO.🤔

Looking at the wing design, do I see some Dakota/DC-3 lineage?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

How was the kit to assemble?

Hope you and yours are safe where you are.

Mike

This is a typical "shortrun". The kit contains resin and etched parts. I came across some pretty good plastic moldings (generally).
Thanks for taking care. Me and my family, thank God, it's okay.

Hi, Fuad:

What a magnificent piece of work! It always warms my heart to see a model of a WW II RCAF aircraft, particularly one from a HWE (Home War Establishment) unit and such an excellent replica makes it even more satisfying.

May I be permitted a couple of comments? Certainly, not relating to the model but to the caption.

You have it as being with 167 (Comm) Squadron, 1944. In fact it appears as it did with 10 (BR) Squadron, 1940 – April 1942. The squadron codes were changed to JK in that month and eliminated in November 1942.

Also it is noted as being a MK. I. The RCAF Digbys were never allotted Mark numbers. RCAF policy was not to allot Mark numbers to the initial models of aircraft acquired unless, of course, they were obtained having already been allotted these numbers by other forces e.g. the RAF. For another example, the RCAF Catalinas retained their previous RAFMark numbers but the far more numerous RCAF Cansos and Canso A’s never had Marks.

Thanks again for displaying such a delightful model.

Carl

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carl V said:

Hi, Fuad:

What a magnificent piece of work! It always warms my heart to see a model of a WW II RCAF aircraft, particularly one from a HWE (Home War Establishment) unit and such an excellent replica makes it even more satisfying.

May I be permitted a couple of comments? Certainly, not relating to the model but to the caption.

You have it as being with 167 (Comm) Squadron, 1944. In fact it appears as it did with 10 (BR) Squadron, 1940 – April 1942. The squadron codes were changed to JK in that month and eliminated in November 1942.

Also it is noted as being a MK. I. The RCAF Digbys were never allotted Mark numbers. RCAF policy was not to allot Mark numbers to the initial models of aircraft acquired unless, of course, they were obtained having already been allotted these numbers by other forces e.g. the RAF. For another example, the RCAF Catalinas retained their previous RAFMark numbers but the far more numerous RCAF Cansos and Canso A’s never had Marks.

Thanks again for displaying such a delightful model.

Carl

This question is not for me, but for the model manufacturer. This is their signature on the "167 (Comm) Sqn variant. 757 / PB * K (F / o Robert Kablovsky)". Yes, they indirectly noted that this view may refer to the 10th Squadron. But then this board was transferred to the 167th squadron. I wrote 1944 from my own fantasy, as my plane is badly battered.

That's something that you don't see every day. Call it ugly, call it ungainly, but it's certainly beautifully built and finished. 

Thank you Faud for sharing it with us.